Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: This week we dive back into school. We did a few subjects last week, but everything starts today. And with all 4 of my kids doing 1-3 computer/online subjects, I feel the urge to write this quick and get off.

What I'm reading: I am reading a book I picked up at our library called The Quarter-Acre Farm by Spring Warren. She decided to grow 75% of her food in her quarter-acre yard and wrote about her experience. As I started reading it I was happy to find that she lives about 35 miles from me, so her seasonal growing tips are very meaningful.

What I'm listening to: My ears are telling me that we are back to our normal school schedule.....Bookworm is practicing her piano right now.

What we're learning: Some of the subjects/curriculum choices we are using are old favorites, others are new, some from friend's advice and others from my work on The Crew. I am planning a school year overview post soon.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched small bits of the US Open....the men's finals are on later this morning, but alas...it is a school day.

What's cooking: This week I am making a chicken stir fry, Moroccan Chicken in the slow cooker, and my own Quesadilla Pie. 

What I'm thankful for: I am really thankful that I am a Momma. I love my children so much and am so thankful for each of them.

What I'm creating: I have been compiling information and photos of my grandpa and am going to write a blog post about him later this week. These are bittersweet times.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we did some work around the house that needs to be done before the rains comes....usually that's not until November or so, but you never know. We went to church Sunday and all started brand new Sunday school classes; Dasher is in the same class but Nutsy moved into the next class and feels like a big girl now. My 5-6 year old class, which I take turns teaching in, is full of 8 boys. And the adult class is going through Paul Tripp's DVD series on Marriage titled What Did You Expect? Redeeming the Realities of Marriage. Good stuff. Sunday afternoon we relaxed with the kids and made a yummy dinner of Maki and miso.

What I'm looking forward to: School this week will be fun...I'm sure we'll be ironing out any kinks we might find. We have our first 4-H club meeting of the year, and co-op will meet this week too.

A picture to share:


~Pope Beach, Lake Tahoe, September 2008 





~Pope Beach, Lake Tahoe, September 2012

Comments

  1. Oh, those pictures! Time keeps going, doesn't it. :) It is both beautiful and humbling.

    Love you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are amazing... saddening in some ways, because I see my kids growing up super fast! I would like to hear more about that book about gardening when you finish, if you would suggest buying it or not! Quesadilla pie sounds yummy! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts