Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I love three day weekends. It was lovely to sleep in this morning...this is all changing tomorrow.

What I'm reading: I have been reading through some posts on my dear friends blog....Ten Things I Wished I Believed When I First Began Homeschooling. All ten of these things are so, so true...she split them into different posts so you can see #7-10 here, #6-5 here, #4-3 here, and #2-1 here.

What we're learning: We start school tomorrow! I am starting soft, with only Bible and Math this week. We have something fun planned for the end of the week so we are only doing three days of school this week...

What I'm watching: We watched Hunger Games over the weekend. The two older children and myself have read the book and I liked the movie just as much as the book.

What's cooking: This week I am making Thai Curry in the crock pot one day, Chicken Wraps another, and my experimental dish of the week? Felafel with Avocado Spread and Tabbouleh.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the hope that we have in heaven; my 95 year-old grandpa has finished his race here on earth and is now rejoicing in heaven. I will miss him, but I am so thankful for the special times that we were able to spend with him.

What I'm creating: Well, I want to write a blog post about my grandpa, another one about our trip last week to the Delta, and I have a couple of reviews to write.It is a good thing I like writing....

What I'm praying: I am praying for those families I know that are starting school up again; that the mothers would have wisdom, patience, and grace, as they train and teach their children.

What we did this last weekend: We did some work around the house on Saturday...it was fun to watch the girls follow Mr. Lego and my Sweetie around as they did jobs. Yesterday we went to church and then enjoyed fellowship during our monthly communal meal. We came home and played some games, then my Sweetie and I had some fun playing tennis and then we finished the afternoon with a swim.

What I'm looking forward to: Today is our annual Labor Day party at our friend's house. We have fun playing volleyball, games, talking and eating. And yes, in some ways I am looking forward to the school routine again.

A picture to share:




~September 2006...my babies were 9, 6, 5, and 14 months. Time sure flies.

Comments

Popular Posts