Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am one sore lady today. We had a fun time, these last 2 days, on the Delta doing all sorts of crazy water sports, and today I am paying for it.

What I'm reading: A dear friend gave me the book A Shelter in the Time of Storm by Paul David Tripp which I am starting to read.

What we're learning: Our last week before we slowly get back into school....I just found out today that the key book for our Literature course is now on back-order and won't come until the third week of September. The kids are thrilled.

What's cooking: This week I am making a dish from a new cookbook I am reviewing, plus I'm making lasagna, and Chicken Pad Thai.

What I'm buying: I'm off later this week to the dollar store to buy some cute things to put in my kids pencil cases for school.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful that my internet is back up and working! This morning it was not doing well, but after some advice from my Sweetie, it's back to acting like normal now.

What I'm creating: I am finishing up some lesson plans for school....we start math and Bible next week and then on Sept 10th we will add everything else. (Except the literature, of course.)

What I'm praying: For my grandpa and extended family in Oregon. His days on this earth are almost over and I am praying that the Lord would peacefully take him home in His time, and for patience and strength for my aunt and those that are caring for him.

What I'm planning: To research online driver's ed/training courses and forms.....yes, Mr. Lego is officially 15 and a half.

What we did this last weekend: We went with some dear friends to the Delta....there were 19 children and 8 adults. We did tubing, wakeboarding, jet skiing, hill water-sliding, good food eating, volleyball playing, late night talking.....fun times.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op this week...I am doing a lesson on time signatures in music, in history we are learning about World War II, and we are moving onto learning about Mars in science.

A picture to share:


 ~Some crazy children enjoying ice cream on our trip.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear friend! And thank you for an INCREDIBLE weekend!!

    ReplyDelete