Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That my house is starting to look a bit more organized...the last couple of weeks I have gone through the kids rooms, the school room, the game drawer, and parts of the garage. This week I plan to tackle the laundry area and the closet out in the garage, which is stuffed with old school stuff, art supplies, magazines, puzzles....pretty much the catch-all area for the last 6 months.

What I'm reading: I'm looking through school books right now; specifically Lightning Literature and Write With World. It was lovely having this break from school, but as I am figuring out our schedule I am getting excited about next year.

What I'm listening to: The bird chirping in the kitchen....and our a cat, meowing on the front porch. We are taking care of an abandoned cat; he is such a sweetie and doesn't even care when Nutsy picks him up by his neck. He is always hanging around the house now...I guess he's ours.

What we're learning: We have about two more weeks of our summer break....that gives me two weeks to figure out our school schedule and decide how to implement it.

What's cooking: This week I am making a couple of dishes from a cookbook I am reviewing; another night I'll be making a Romaine and Chicken Salad, and then on our slow-cooker day I am making Orange Chicken.

What I'm buying: I need to head out and buy 75 hot dog buns....another adventure is coming up.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for the house I live in. Sometimes I find myself complaining because the yard is too small, or there is not enough space for my books, but I have been so blessed living here, and know that this is exactly where God wants us to be.

What I'm creating: I bought a big bag of raw almonds from Costco recently and later today I am going to try to slow roast them in the oven. It is supposed to hit 97 degrees here today so I had better start these sooner rather than later.

What I'm planning: I have a review to write tonight, and I really want to update a big chunk of my family journal. Having this blog has made me lazy about updating it....so I really need to sit and write in it for a while.

What we did this last weekend: We went to a friend's on Friday for swimming and dinner. Saturday my Sweetie and I played tennis and then we did some chores around the house. Yesterday we went to church and then to our last summer picnic. There was good food, football, volleyball, and a water fight, of course. A certain young lady came up behind me and dumped an entire bucket of water right on my head...

What I'm looking forward to: Today a dear friend and her children are coming for lunch and I am looking forward to that. I am also looking forward to being with friends next weekend.

Pictures to share:

Obachan's visit



 At the pool




Lunch, made by my wonderful mother-in-law


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week! 75 hot dog buns? Adventure indeed!! Have a GREAT week!
    Blessings~
    My Musings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori...it will be fun! Have a blessed week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa @ Cozy Nook...I saw your comment, but when I went to publish it, it totally disappeared! I might have accidentally deleted it...sorry!

    Yes, it reels so good to organize...we'll see if I can get what I want done this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete