Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it is going to be another hot one here today. We are in day five of temps over 100 degrees with the forecast saying that today it will hit 107 and be over 100 for the next four days. Hello, pool.

What I'm reading: I picked up Alton Brown's Good Eats at the library last week. I guess it is based on a TV show, but we don't have cable so I am totally out of the TV loop. The book is a little silly, but does have some good recipes in it.

What we're learning: This week a couple kiddos are testing out some homeschooling products for me...the older two are doing an online math program, and Nutsy is trying out a new reading curriculum. Aside from that, we are on summer break.

What I'm watching: My garden is still plugging along. The beans are coming back and slowly producing, the cucumbers and zucchini are slowing but still giving me about 1 a week. But those tomatoes.....let me just tell you that it is torture to see these lovely, green plants with not one tomato on them. They even smell like tomatoes, but no fruit. So not fair.
 
What's cooking: This week I am making a couple of things in the slow cooker...Gyros and Indian Butter Chicken. Slow Cookers are a life saver in the summer heat here, and don't heat up the house like the oven would.

What I'm buying: I do have big shopping later this week; I need to get my brain in gear and make out my monthly menu.
 
What I'm creating: In the next week or so, I have 4 reviews that I need to write. I kind of have them mentally written in my head, now I need to get it down on the computer.

What I'm praying: That I would be sensitive to the needs of those around me, and not be focused on my own happiness.

What I'm planning: I am thinking that I need to start planning for our new school year. About half of the subjects we are doing I have figured out already; the other half I need to go through and make up some sort of schedule for so we will stay on track. I also need to order a couple of books before we start.

What we did this last weekend: We had a lovely Saturday that started with some tennis with My Sweetie. We are trying to be more faithful playing together - it is really good exercise and I love playing it. Then in the afternoon we headed up to our friend's house for some volleyball, swimming, and good food. Sunday we went to church and to our fellowship meal, then home to watch the closing ceremonies, which were a bit disappointing. We all enjoyed the recap of the Olympic events, though.

What I'm looking forward to: This week is quiet....my mother-in-law is thinking to come for a visit which we are all looking forward to, and then some friends are gathering later this week for a BBQ and swim party.

A picture to share:


~August 2006....it seems like an eternity ago, but it was only 6 years. Time flies.

Comments

  1. Hi Charlotte! I loved this! So I hope you don't mind that I did my own post... http://enjoytheprocess.blogspot.com/2012/08/monday-musings-813.html

    I'm so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to read, Lori! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts