Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we had so much fun on our camping trip! It was full of great conversations, silly jokes, late game nights, yummy food, warm days, and a funny skit night. There was bridge jumping, rope swinging, lake swimming, waterskiing, mud fighting, and star gazing with precious friends.

What I'm reading: I  am reading a cookbook called Everyday Cooking by Vicki Bentley.  It's a review I am doing for The Crew and I am enjoying looking through it and marking recipes.

What I'm listening to: The bird tweeting and Nutsy, singing We All Live in a Yellow Submarine...

What we're learning: We are now officially on our summer break. August is a great month to not be doing school....the weather is the warmest and we love being outside in it. I do have a couple of things my younger ones need to do this week though; our reviewing year on The Crew goes through the summer so I need them to try a couple things out for me this week that I am reviewing.

What I'm watching: The Olympics of course. But I am having a hard time....through the day I resist the temptation to look at the news because the results are plastered right at the top. But then that night I fall asleep and miss the exciting stuff (that of course they wait to show until 11pm). So then the next day I go to check the results from the previous night and inevitably see the results for the coming night.....

What's cooking: This week I am making a new dish: Chicken, Potato, and Leek Pie, from my Cooking Light magazine. I am also planning a Chicken Stir Fry another night and then Indian Curry in the crockpot another evening.

What I'm buying: I need to head out to the store today for our weekly shopping. I am all off schedule with my shopping because of our totally fun camping trip last week.

What I'm thankful for: It was a nice break from writing reviews these last couple of weeks, but I have 4 of them due in the next couple of weeks so I need to get writing.

What I'm planning: I am thinking about possible re-arranging a couple of rooms in our house. Since our youngest is now 7, we really don't need the small kids table in my kitchen so I am toying with the idea to move all our bookshelves into the living area and moving the dining area into the kitchen.I'm still not sure if it will logistically work....

What we did this last weekend: We were on our camping trip. Saturday was the day that we packed up, then that afternoon a few of us went back to the lake. We found another beach where the younger kiddos made a mud slide into the water, which inevitably turned into a mud fight. Home to do laundry, clean and wash the car, and major showers. Sunday we went to church and fellowshipped afterward, then home for a relaxing afternoon playing games and eating grilled chicken.

What I'm looking forward to: It is going to get over 100 degrees later this week so we will hit the pool a few times, then on Saturday we are headed to my friend's house for a day of volleyball and fun.

A picture to share:


~All of us at the church camping trip.

Comments

Popular Posts