Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That our family reunion trip was so much fun! We had a great time relaxing, playing cards, swimming, eating, water skiing, tubing, and hanging out together. Pictures to come.

What I'm reading: I didn't have much reading time on our trip, so this week I am still going through the book I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist.

What we're learning: We do have a couple of things to look at school-wise this week....I want the younger two to play around with an online spelling program I am reviewing, and I am going over some math facts with a new math curriculum for Nutsy.

What I'm watching: The Olympics, of course. We watched it some in Oregon, and last night my Sweetie and I watched the swimming and gymnastics, but fell asleep before it was done.

What's cooking: This week I am planning a menu of S'mores, Camp Tacos, Cup of Noodles, and our famous Camp Donuts. Yup, our church camping trip is finally here.

What I'm buying: Food. Since we were gone for a few days, we have no milk, eggs, or stuff for lunch in the house; plus I have our camping menu to shop for.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for my extended family; not only did they open their home to everyone for a few days, but I am so blessed to have all of them as fellow believers.

What I'm creating: Clean laundry. We have another adventure this next week: Our church camping trip. I am also going to try to sit down and edit the hundreds of photos I took during our reunion.

What I'm praying: My grandpa is hanging in there...he is more frail and getting weaker, but he still thanks the Lord with almost every word. It was such a blessing to see him one last time.

What I'm planning: I need to get down our camping box from the garage and make sure the flashlights still work, we have extra batteries, and all the camping gear hasn't disintegrated in the last year.

What we did this last weekend: Well, Saturday was our river day; we headed out to the Willamette river and tubed, skied, and floated. Sunday we had our goodbye breakfast and drove home. We beat our record home by 4 minutes....

What I'm looking forward to: Our church camping trip is this week so I am really looking forward to spending time with everyone.

Two pictures to share:


~Everyone at the reunion



~Grandpa with all 9 of his great-grandchildren.

Comments

  1. Love these photos!! He is a blessed Grandpa. God is good.

    Love you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate! God is so good. Can't wait for the camping trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are camp tacos? I love tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, they are super easy and good for a crowd. Every family brings 4 things: meat or beans, cheese, tortillas or chips, and one topping (sour cream, olives, salsa, etc.). Then we all put it out on a big table and dig in. Most people put chips on a plate and then layer with the rest of the ingredients. Fun and easy! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts