Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am tired. I was woken up with this low rumbling sound at about 4am...turns out we were having a summer thunder and lightening storm. It pretty much went on until sunrise.

What I'm reading: I am reading a book that I received as part of a review...I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist by Norman L Geisler and Frank Turek. So far I am liking it.

What I'm listening to: Nutsy just put some classical music on that is blasting in the living room right now. Very dramatic stuff.

What we're learning: We are now officially on our summer break; this doesn't mean we won't crack any books open, but for the next month or so we are taking a break from our formal schooling.

What I'm watching: Last night my Sweetie and I watched a couple of episodes from the Andy Griffith show. The evening was complete with a glass of wine and chocolate covered espresso beans.

What's cooking: This week we'll be eating Broccoli Chicken Casserole and another day I'm making Gyu-don. So yummy.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for my husband. He is my best friend, and I am so happy he is mine!

What I'm praying: I am praying for my 96 year-old grandpa. He is not doing well, and is probably coming to the end of his long journey here on earth. So I am praying for a peaceful end for him, and strength and grace for those that are caring for him.

What I'm planning: Later this week I am planning to sell the rest of our rabbits. Another 4-H family is expanding their rabbitry and we struck a deal. We are going to go with a smaller breed of rabbit and get them closer to the new year. And by doing this we are saving our 4-H money.....making it possible to maybe get another goat for fair next year...

What we did this last weekend: Saturday was our day to work around the house. We got lots of work done outside, I cleaned out the fridge, and we deep cleaned the dishwasher. Sunday was church and then we enjoyed fellowshipping afterwards, then home to a grilled chicken salad and a swim in the pool. Then we went to a nearby park where my Sweetie and I played some tennis, then back for a quick dip in the pool. Such a fun afternoon with our family!

What I'm looking forward to: Some dear friends are coming to swim later today, then our family reunion is this week. It will be fun to see everyone, go to the river, play games, stay up late, and eat good food.

Two pictures to share:



~Last week the girls decided to make a couple of cork boards with the many wine corks I have saved and been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment