Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That our part in the State Fair is over. This is the end of our 4-H year...we won't pick things up again until September. The kids did good in the breed show....2nd, 2nd, and 3rd.....but we didn't place in showmanship. We had a really fun time though; watching our friends show sheep, walking through exhibits, seeing the Farm, using our Read-To Ride tickets, baking in the heat. (No that wasn't fun, but it was a part of it.)

What I'm reading: No time for reading last week. This week is much quieter though. And I just got my August issue of Cooking Light, so I'll be looking at that later today.

What I'm listening to: Birds outside, someone humming upstairs.

What we're learning: We are doing school this week....all 4 children have presentations that are due in our co-op this Wednesday. I am also reviewing a cool online spelling program, and a math curriculum for the younger two.

What I'm watching: Today, I am seeing my baby turn 7. Seriously, where did the time go?!?

What's cooking: I don't have a menu for this next month up yet....I am thinking to make things that don't heat up the house. Grilling, crock-pot meals.....

What I'm thankful for: I am so, so thankful for my friends. They are real; challenging me, encouraging me, and loving me for who I am.

What I'm creating: Well, today I am going to create some blog posts. We have a birthday today so I want to post about that, and then I have a great product that I am reviewing that needs to get posted too. Counting my Monday Musing, that is three posts in one day - a record for me, I think. We'll see if I can get all of them out.....

What I'm planning: I have got my big shopping the next couple of days and so I need to make out my menu list today.

What we did this last weekend: We were at the fair on Saturday...we especially had a fun time in the Toytopia exhibit. They had a gigantic etch-a-sketch, and old video games from the 80's. Sunday we went to church and then to our July picnic. We had fun playing volleyball, eating hamburgers, and  celebrating the 10th anniversary of our church. Then last night we headed back to the fair to pick up our rabbits.

What I'm looking forward to: A birthday girl's special day today, a birthday lunch with a dear friends tomorrow. Co-op is Wednesday, then swimming with friends later in the week.

Pictures to share:




 ~These are pictures from our hike last week. It was lovely to get wet in the river before the hike back up...

Comments

Popular Posts