Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That State Fair is now upon us. Our rabbits get checked in on Wednesday, then Thursday is our competition day. That night we plan to bring in pizza from a cheap pizza place and watch the Fab Four concert. We'll go back for a couple more days, to see the fair, then bring our rabbits home Sunday night.

What I'm listening to: The house is pretty quiet right now. It is going to be a hot week....temps will be over 100 for a couple of days.....so a couple of children are out watering the garden.

What we're learning: We are doing a couple of days of school this week....just the basics during the summer.

What I'm watching: We tried and tried to watch the Wimbledon final yesterday, but it must have only been on cable. So last night my Sweetie and I found some old tennis matches on YouTube with Jimmy Connors, Agassi, Michael Chang and Sampras. So fun to watch tennis.

What's cooking: This week I am making Chicken Puttanesca, Tequila Grilled Chicken another night, and of course pizza at the State Fair with friends.

What I'm buying: I think I ran out of cheddar cheese. Usually I buy big blocks at Costco and yesterday I realized that we are out.

What I'm thankful for: I am very thankful for the day of rest we had yesterday. After church we hopped in the pool to cool off, then  made grilled veggie sandwiches with provolone and creamy pesto. Then a few of us took short naps, then out to the park for some tennis and playground time. Very relaxing.

What I'm planning:  I have another review to get out very soon...

What we did this last weekend: We went up to our friends for their annual 4th-of-July-Weekend party. We played night volleyball, fun games, had a massive water fight, and good conversations.

What I'm looking forward to: Well the State Fair will be fun, and our family is going on a hike with some other families from our church another day.

A picture to share:


Fourth of July, 2005.
To see photos from this years' Fourth Celebration, check out my post.

2 comments:

  1. I ran out of cheddar cheese too! I think I need to buy two blocks from now on :)

    That picture is ADORABLE!! Love it. What cute, cute kiddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny Stef! I had been getting two blocks every month....I am hoping this was just a heavy cheese month and we are not having to go to three.... :-)

    ReplyDelete