Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: About our crazy 36 hour trip to the Bay Area. We got to my dad's in time for breakfast, I went to lunch with my mother-in-law. Then back to hang out with the grandparents for the afternoon, then to De Anza College for my sister-in-law's nursing pinning ceremony, and then over to watch the San Jose Giant's (Single A) game. And that was only the first day. Second day we went a lovely deli for coffee, then to the beach with cousins, and then onto a celebration party with everyone. We did not get home until 1am that night....

What I'm reading: The last thing I read was The Art of Real Food by Joanne Neft and Laura Kenney. A friend of mine helped to edit this book, and last weekend I made a summer squash gratin from it. Yum.

What I'm listening to: Sounds outside, Newsboys from a CD player upstairs, my hot water coming to a boil on the stove. My second cup of tea, coming up.

What we're learning: We are doing school about 3 1/2 days this week....no co-op though. We are doing a fun online learning program (which I will be reviewing in a couple of weeks), and the younger two are doing a fun auditory learning game too. All that, along with our normal math, literature, and writing curriculum.

What I'm watching: My garden is very green right now....we have harvested a couple of zucchini and cucumbers. I am ready to rip out all of the tomatoes though; out of the 5 plants I have there are three green tomatoes on only one, and those are beginning to turn yellow. So depressing.

What's cooking: This week I am making Mediterranean Wraps, Huli-Huli Chicken for our 4th of July party, and Japchae with Japanese Karaage on Thursday.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for the place I live in. I really do love the hot summers, sun shining almost every day, and warm evenings.

What I'm creating: I have three reviews to write in the next week; I already have rough drafts for two of them. One of these products I absolutely loved, so watch for it.

What I'm praying: There is a young lady missing in this area that is a friend of a friend of a friend....I am praying for her safe return and for her family as well.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday we had a relaxing day (we needed it after our quick trip to the Bay Area), and enjoyed grilled steaks, my squash gratin, and corn on the cob for dinner. Sunday we heard an encouraging sermon about being 'elect exiles', then we had our monthly fellowship meal. Then a bunch of us headed to a park for volleyball and fellowship. We also tried something new...all 25 of us, young and old, played a baseball game. Super fun.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a fun 4th of July party we are going to on Wednesday, then our annual sleepover at our friends' farm later this week. The temps are in the mid 90's all week so I also think we will have at least one pool day too....

Pictures to share:

Grandpa and some cute girlies




At the San Jose Giants game





 New Brighton Beach.....one of my favorite place to be.





 Finally a nurse!





 All of us at the party


2 comments:

  1. Love all the photos in this one! The game looked like fun. Did the kids enjoy it?

    XO,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. They loved it! Bookworm said the first three innings were boring, that is until James started explaining the whole game to her. And then she told me that it really helped her when we all played baseball last week. Us homeschoolers, a couple of mine thought that two people could be on base at the same time... :-)

    ReplyDelete