Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I sold the goat. I have to say it again, I SOLD THE GOAT!! And it is a very happy ending; Arwen is now living in the Sierra foothills with a few horses and a new goat friend, Betty. She will be well taken care of and spoiled rotten.

What I'm reading: Another week where I didn't have enough time to read. It seems like we are in summer mode but are still doing school, plus wrapping 4-H things up, and seeing good friends. So....reading gets put further and further down on my list. Probably not a good thing and something I need to change this week.

What we're learning: We are continuing with light school this week; in co-op the children are doing research essays and presentations on the early 1900's. Nutsy finished up a level of her phonics book so it's onto the next one.

What I'm watching: Well, this week I am watching children. A dear friend of mine is going away with her husband for a couple of days to celebrate their anniversary, and my Sweetie and I are going to watch their 5 children. We are going to have a blast!

What's cooking: This week I am making a stir fry and chicken tacos in the crock pot. The days I'll be cooking for 12 people I will make spaghetti and tostadas. Yum.

What I'm buying: I headed to Costco today for my monthly shopping trip. I am looking forward to stocking the shelves and the kids are looking forward to the samples.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for my taste buds. I was reading a news story about a lady who was in an accident and part of how she was injured was loosing her sense of taste. What a blessing it is to be able to taste so many wonderful things.

What I'm creating: Well, I am helping my children to create their record books for 4-H. They put a lot of work into them...a bio essay, photos and letters, and of course recording everything they have done this entire year. These are due next week so they need to get cracking.

What I'm planning: I have a review that needs to be written in the next couple of days; then I will have a break for a couple of weeks. I also took lots of photos at the fair and last weekend so I might do another blog post with them. 

What we did this last weekend: On Friday we went to the El Dorado County Fair. It was lots of fun watching sheep and swine showmanship, walking around, and seeing the exhibits. Saturday we went to visit some dear friends who were visiting from the east coast. We talked, swam in the lake, and ate yummy food. Sunday we went to church, then home for a quiet Father's Day. We swam in the pool, ate Gyoza, and played a Lord of the Rings trivia game.

What I'm looking forward to: We are really going to have a great time with all those kids later this week. We have co-op on Wednesday, and then Sunday is our first church picnic of the summer.

A picture to share:


~Saying goodbye to Arwen.

No comments:

Post a Comment