Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am pretty much recovered from the fair. After tons of laundry last week, cleaning the house, editing photos, organizing bookshelves,.....I finally feel like I am back on track this week.

What I'm reading: I am planning to finish up Age of Opportunity this week. After that, I am not sure what I should read next.

What I'm listening to: Breeze coming through the window. Children stirring upstairs. Today we might get a little rain, which should cool things down a bit.

What we're learning: We are starting our summer schedule this week: school will be only in the mornings and will consist of Math, Across Five Aprils Literature guide from Progeny Press, Science and History from our new co-op, and for the first couple of weeks in June, our 4-H record books. The younger two will continue with their reading and phonics assignments too.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend we watched David Copperfield. I really enjoyed the story! My Sweetie has read the book but I haven't yet and we don't own it, so now it is on my reading list.

What's cooking: This week I am making Moroccan Chicken with Lentils, Chipotle Chicken Salad, and Mediterranean Wraps.

What I'm buying: I can't think of anything to buy this week, but I did put Italian Seasoning, cornstarch, and band aides on the list of things to put on my monthly shopping list.

What I'm thankful for: I am really thankful for my family. I love my husband so much and my sweet children (most of the time) make me smile.

What I'm creating: I have a couple of reviews that need to be written, and I want to catch up with my journal writing. Now that I have this blog I find I don't write so much in it, but I love looking back over the years and seeing what our family was up to and it has been a few weeks since I updated it.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would continue to sustain the job my husband has, and the jobs of our friends. And that we would ultimately look to Him for our needs.

What we did this last weekend: We did yard work on Saturday....my beans were becoming quite unhappy and so my Sweetie drilled holes in the bottom of the wine barrels so they would have more drainage. We grilled chicken and vegetable kabobs and hung out in the yard that night. Sunday we went to church, watched Nutsy and Dasher give their Sunday School presentations, then had our monthly fellowship meal. Then home with our family for a quick dip in the pool, and chicken nachos for dinner.

What I'm looking forward to: Starting our new summer schedule! It is a bit less intense then our normal schedule and I am looking forward to it. We have our first meeting with our new co-op this week too; the mom's will be planning out the year and the kiddos will be playing.

A picture to share:


~Friday night pizza: Grilled sausage and mozzarella with caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms.

Comments

  1. Looks like some yummy pizza! Have a super summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts