Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That we have one week to go before all the craziness starts. The county fair doesn't officially start until the 24th, but starting next Monday we will be at our fairgrounds every single day for a week.  Fun, but crazy.

What I'm reading: I took a break from reading Age of Opportunity to read the first two books of The Hunger Games series. Easy reads, and very interesting.

What I'm listening to: A quiet house. The kids are milling around, doing chores, another doing math....I'm also hearing outside sounds coming from the open window.

What we're learning: I decided to wait to continue on with studying the Civil War until after our break we take during the fair. So there are some historical events the kids will read about this week, but I will just have them free read for a certain amount of time per day: The Alamo, Lewis and Clark, and Daniel Boone. Our last co-op is this week so they do have work in geography, writing and science to do.

What I'm watching: My garden is slowly growing....the beans are climbing more, but only some of the plants. Which makes me think that a couple of the six packs I bought were not climbing beans but bush beans...two tomato plants are looking really good but the other three are not so I am thinking about transplanting them into containers on the deck.

What's cooking: This week I am making Chicken Marsala in the crock pot, Chicken Pot Pie, and chili with baked potatoes.

What I'm buying: This is my big shopping week, so I am making out my menu and shopping lists.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for friends, who share their lives with me. And I am thankful for their transparency and honesty; it is encouraging as we all traveling down the same road together, even if we are at different stages of the journey.

What I'm creating: I have one more review to write today and then I am done for a couple of weeks....perfect timing with our schedule.

What I'm praying: I am praying that our animals do well at the fair. Specifically, that the goat would make weight (be at least 70 pounds) and the rabbits as close to 5 pounds as possible.

What we did this last weekend: We had a slower Saturday; my Sweetie and I cleaned out a closet which felt great. Then, since it was 94 degrees that day, we all went for our first swim of the season at the pool. Saturday night we were able to celebrate at a friend's birthday party. Sunday my sweet family made me breakfast and gave me more vegetables and flowers for the garden. After our Sunday service we went over to a friends house for precious fellowship, grilled pizza and a walk to the river.

What I'm looking forward to: Everything falling into place for the fair. And sometimes I wish that it would just 'fall' into place. But no, I have to be on top of things and this week is the final push....we have to prepare the animals, get our displays ready, plan out all the food, brush up on animal knowledge, and study the manuals for rabbit bowl and rank sheet tests.

Pictures to share:






~First swim of 2012.




3 comments:

  1. I love your modest swimsuits. They look like the ones we wear. :-) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa. As I am sure you know, they can be challenging to find! This year we found them at Old Navy and Target. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they are challenging to create! We shop at the same stores for our gear. :-)

    ReplyDelete