Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That my crazy week is beginning. Every single day for the next 8 days, we are doing something fair related. Lots of work, but lots of learning and fun.

What I'm reading: No time for reading this week. but if you were wondering, I am still in the middle of  Age of Opportunity.

What I'm listening to: Birds tweeting outside, girls talking in the kitchen.

What we're learning: This week we are learning patience, endurance, fairness, and good sportsmanship. Life.

What I'm watching: My garden is starting to take off now; on Saturday I planted the last of it: watermelon (a Mother's Day present from my kids), 2 more tomato plants, zucchini, marjoram and basil, and the last of the green onions.

What's cooking: We will partake of an occasional treat at the fair, but most of our food we are bringing in. It will be lots of sandwiches and snacks, with a couple of "cooler" salads: Chicken, Broccoli, and Pasta Salad; and Tomato, Bean, and Salami Salad.

What I'm buying: I found a great deal for the kids' ride wristband on Groupon....$12 for unlimited rides for a day. Groupon rocks.

What I'm creating: I am really trying to create a goat that weighs 70 pounds, but I don't think that is going to happen. Last Tuesday she was only 60 pounds and I don't think she can put on that much before weigh-in this Wednesday. But Mr. Lego is also bringing a rabbit for the market competition, so all three children are planning on going to auction.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would keep us safe this week, that we would humbly and  graciously accept His will, and give Him all the glory for His blessings and provision.

What I'm planning: Duh. I am planning stuff for fair. The kids have to work on their goat displays and stall cards, We have rabbit questions to go over, and showmanship to practice.

What we did this last weekend: We worked in the yard on Saturday, cleaning stuff up and finishing the garden planting. Sunday we went to church and then I helped out in the 5-6 year old Sunday school class. Then to a park with friends for a picnic, volleyball, and fellowship.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to this week, but I am also looking forward to next week, in which we have nothing going on.

A picture to share:

Seeing the solar eclipse yesterday....





My contraction did finally work and we got to see the crescent.


Really cool eclipse shadows...


2 comments:

  1. whoa! you got some of the neatest pictures I've seen. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes well this week and I hope that goat makes weight!! I did get that wristband deal, so we will be seeing you later this week! :)

    ReplyDelete