Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That this is our week to go and pass out our auction buyer letters. It is not much work for me, I will drive the 3 older kids around our town, where they will go into business with their buyer letters, asking them to come to our fair and bid at the auction.

What I'm reading: I am reading a new cookbook this week, edited and partially written by my friend. And I can't wait to start cooking with it...The Art of Real Food by Joanne Neft and Laura Kenny.

What I'm listening to: Bookworm banging away on the piano. When she misses a note, she starts the song all over, a little harder and faster, which makes her make the same mistake again; so she starts over, playing a little more harder....

What we're learning: We are having such a good time studying the Revolutionary War that we will continue it this week. So this week the older two are going to be reading a Landmark book, The Winter at Valley Forge by F Van Wyck Mason, and the younger two are reading with me Can't You Make Them Behave, King George? by Jean Fritz.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched the movie Moneyball. It was an interesting movie about the Oakland A's and their GM.

What's cooking: This week I am making Chicken Adobo in the crockpot, Vegetable Cheese Burritos, and Chicken Nachos with homemade guacamole.

What I'm buying: I can't think of anything I need to get out and buy this week....except for the usual vegetables, eggs, and milk on our weekly grocery trip.

What I'm thankful for: I am really thankful for our car. It is just an ordinary car, but we don't have too much trouble with it (yet), and I feel like we have enough room in it when we drive around on errands.

What I'm creating: I am desperately trying to create a goat that weighs 70 pounds. And it looks like we won't make it. The whole idea that goats eat anything? Well our little lady was not paying attention when that was mentioned in goat school. (Just like our rabbits who don't breed well, even though they are rabbits...) 

What I'm praying: For my children; as they grow in age I pray they would also grow in the knowledge of the Lord and in His grace.

What I'm planning: I have two reviews that I am planning to write this week. I also need to get a head start on another review that is due in a couple of weeks....things are going to get quite busy here from now until the end of May with all our fair and 4-H stuff.

 What we did this last weekend: We did some things around the house on Saturday, then went to church yesterday. We had our fellowship meal, then went to the assisted living center. Then over to a friends house for fellowship and Rock Star.

What I'm looking forward to: Our 4-H club meeting is this week and it is time for elections. Mr. Lego is going to run for vice-president, Bookworm is running for corresponding secretary, and I am going to try to convince Dasher to run for Sergeant-at-arms.

Two pictures to share:



~The supermoon on Saturday.

Comments

  1. Oh, My! I can certainly relate to the whole piano practice technique you described. I hear that a lot at my house!

    Fun times! :-)

    --Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Nancy. Thanks for commenting! And I love your profile photo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shots of the moon! We tried to get a look at the moon but there were too many clouds. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lisa! What a bummer it was cloudy. I did want to go out and take one later at night when it was up, but I forgot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Nancy posted!! :+)

    Love the pictures--so pretty!!

    Love you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts