Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I finally figured everything out and we are registered for our county fair. We are entered in 21 things from rabbits to goats, to cake decorating and produce characters....it will be a busy fair but a fun and I am sure, memorable one.

What I'm reading: I did not have much reading time at all last week, so I only got into the second chapter of the Age of Opportunity. So I'm still reading that book this week.

What I'm listening to: Yesterday we put on Israel Kamakawawiwo'ole on the CD player while we had company over. And if I closed my eyes, I could have been in Hawaii.

What we're learning: I think we are finishing our history curriculum this week! We'll do the final lessons in Mystery of History Vol III which are The Salem Witch Trials, Peter I, and Isaac Watts. Dasher is getting close to finishing her spelling book, and we will all read about praying mantises, dragonflies, and grasshoppers in science.

What I'm watching: The temperature going up. We hit the 90's over the weekend, which I secretly loved; everyone else thought I was crazy. It is supposed to be a bit milder this week, with a couple of days of rain mixed in too.

What's cooking: I am making Chicken Makhani (Indian Butter Chicken) in the crockpot this week, split pea soup another day, and another day roasting a chicken. I love making homemade chicken broth from the carcass and freezing it for soups and broths.

What I'm buying: I ran out of dirt over the weekend, so I might head out later this week to get a couple of more bags which should do it for our garden.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for those dear people in my life who talk to my children, have relationships with them, give them advice, and encourage them.

What I'm creating: Over the weekend we planted beans, lettuce, chives, cucumber, basil, calendula, and  lavender. The only thing that I haven't gotten in yet are the zucchini and a few more bean plants.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would continue to bless our family with good health this year. No one has really gotten sick and it has been such a blessing.

What I'm planning: To drench our goat. We weighed her on Saturday and she is not gaining weight like we want, so my friend said I should drench her. I stupidly thought that meant dumping some concoction on her food and drenching it; actually it means we get to force feed her a high calorie substance with a big ol' syringe. Fun.

What we did this last weekend: We worked in the garden for a while Saturday morning, then we went wine tasting with some friends that afternoon. Sunday we went to church, then we had our final Supper for Six with some special people.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op this week, and then an evening with old friends who are visiting the area. Next weekend we have a 4-H event on Saturday, then good friends coming over for Maki on Sunday.

Two pictures to share:


~My Sweetie took me out to The Squeeze Inn for dinner one night last week; as you can see you split the cheese burger. And the cheese skirt was delish.



~Our Supper For Six group.

Comments

  1. Wowsa! You are going to be busy at the fair! I can't wait to hear all about it! Indian Butter Chicken - yum!!! I need to make that soon. I have a curried chickpea dish on the menu this week. I am looking forward to that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, sometimes I start freaking out a little when I think of the fair...

    And the curried chickpea dish sounds yummy! I recently made a curry with chickpeas and was happy with the results; a cheaper way to serve a main dish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time! Your fair season sounds like our soccer season! :-) May you be blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts