Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: As I read through some blogs this morning and left some comments, I realized that I no longer have the option to have the comment responses emailed to me. As anyone else noticed this too? I enjoyed some of the "conversations" that would take place in the comments and since I don't have the time to always check back where I have commented, I will miss out on those.

What I'm reading: I started reading Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver again. I am really enjoying the book this time; it has also inspired me to start some things outside in the garden. Over the weekend we fertilized and planted lettuce, green onions and carrots.

What I'm listening to: The bird going crazy in the kitchen....I have noticed that if it is a sunny morning he chirps a ton. Two girls are playing behind me, another is washing dishes, and the boy is having breakfast.

What we're learning: This week we are studying Rembrandt, Thomas Hooker, Robert Boyle, and The English Civil Wars in history. Since it is now spring I am doing a lesson on hummingbirds this week in science. And then of course all the normal stuff we do every week....math, grammar, reading, writing, memory work.....

What I'm watching: My Sweetie and I watched the A&E version of Agatha Christie's Death on the Nile over the weekend. I liked it, but it wasn't as good as the other version we have seen directed by John Guillermin.

What's cooking: This week on the menu we have Enchiladas, Beef Cheese Noodle Bake, and Honey Chicken in the crock pot.

What I'm buying: In the next day or two I need to go out and buy 21 dozen pencils. Our county is hosting the 4-H sectional presentation day for all of Northern California this Saturday and we are helping with all the prep work.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for music. It touches my heart, encourages me, and helps me get through the day.

What I'm creating: A garden. After the rain we are supposed to have early this week, I hope to get out and work in the soil, getting it ready for plants. I am going to try to plant useful thing this year and stay away from the exotic; so I want to research different tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, and peppers....the stuff we would use every day.

What I'm praying: That my homeschooling friends would have a smooth week, that they would have wisdom as they teach, and that our children would have receptive hearts to what they are learning.

What I'm planning: To see someone very special this week. Actually three special people. My dad and his wife are bringing my soon-to-be 95 year old grandpa for a visit. This will probably be his last time down here since traveling is hard for him and all of us are excited to have him in our home for the day.

What we did this last weekend: We did some deep cleaning in the garage and then some work in the garden. We had yummy Falafels Saturday night for dinner with homemade Cookies and Cream ice cream for dessert. Sunday we went to church and Sunday school, then over to our friends for our Supper for Six.

What I'm looking forward to: My grandpa's visit of course, and then we have our 4-H sectionals this Saturday. Bookworm will be presenting, Mr. Lego will be a room host, my Sweetie is a judge and I am helping in the tally room.

A picture to share:


~Dasher found this cute little guy outside lat week and brought him in to show me. Yes, spring is here. 

2 comments:

  1. The little frog is so cute!

    We have yet to get to do anything in our backyard due to the rain because the whole area is super muddy. You experiencing the same?

    I love Rembrandt!

    I hope to see you today. :)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a good time with you today, dear friend! And no garden work yet either. :-)

    ReplyDelete