Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That my children are so real. The girls were all helping on another with breakfast, a fight broke out, words were said, and so there was apologizing going on and cleaning up of a split drink. And now they are back to being friends again..... for now.....

What I'm reading: I picked up a fun book at the library last week....More Extraordinary Uses for Ordinary Things, edited by Readers Digest. Did you know you can get pencil marks off of the wall by rubbing it with rye bread? Or that you can polish silver with a banana peel or toothpaste?

What I'm listening to: I have an old copper church music-box that used to belong to my grandparents. It sits on our piano, and Nutsy just wound it up, so we are listening to Amazing Grace...

What we're learning: This week we are learning about John Wintrop and the Puritans, Galileo, and The Jews of the Renaissance and Reformation in history. I am letting my older two try a writing curriculum that I will be reviewing for The Crew, and Dasher is reading The Wizard of Oz this week in literature.

What I'm watching: Everything drying off outside. We had a pretty wet week, which made it hard to work with the goat and be outside. Things are drying out today, but we have more rain ahead.

What's cooking: This week I am making Cheddar Chicken Chowder, Indian Spiced Lentils, and Artichoke, Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pasta Shells. I also need to make some homemade yogurt in my crockpot too.

What I'm buying: I am looking for a certain sized basket or wooden container to hold all of my many tea bags. I couldn't find one at Target, so I might try to get out to the thrift store and see what they have there.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for my best friend. My Sweetie. He encourages me, keeps me accountable, makes me laugh, and is there for a hug when I most need it.

What I'm creating: Well, we are still hoping for babies from our Momma rabbits. I do have a plan though...my friend kindly bred her rabbit as a backup and her doe kindled last week with six babies. So we could take those babies to fair if ours don't kindle.

What I'm praying: For those that I know who are going through trials. That they would see God's hand in their lives, rest in His sovereignty, and have peace.

What I'm planning: We are learning about the rest of the social insects in co-op this week; the bees and the termites. The book suggests buying or finding ants and making an ant farm....not something I am excited about doing, so I need to plan out a couple of experiments and activities.

What we did this last weekend: We ran a couple of errands on Saturday then celebrated St. Patty's Day by having Irish Beef Stew. Sunday we went to church and then had 22 people in our home that afternoon. It was a smorgasbord of food...Split Pea Soup, Irish Soda Bread, Green Salad, chips and guacamole and.....French Toast. We had a great time with everyone! Then back to church for our evening worship service where we heard a convicting sermon on Proverbs and anger.

What I'm looking forward to: We have two 4-H meetings this week: goat and rabbit. Co-op, school, and all the daily stuff of course, and then next weekend we have our Supper for Six.

A picture to share:


~This was what I made for dessert yesterday.....Chocolate Marshmallow Bars......yum.

4 comments:

  1. Those chocolate marshmallow bars look good - hard for me to pass up chocolate! :-) You've had a bountifully blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, may you have a blessed week as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous weekend Charlotte! And yes, those bars look soooo yummy! Hope you found a good basket for tea bags (they tend to take over, don't they?)! :) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Lisa. I didn't find a basket, but instead took one I already had and changed the location of the tea bags so the size of the basket wasn't as important. And I know you totally understand about overflowing tea bags....have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete