Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Well, one minute I am thinking I am excited that we finally have our goat, and the next I am wondering if I was having a crazy moment when we decided to do this. Yes, we got our goat on Thursday, which we named Legolas, but that is going to change, because we realized soon after that that Legolas is a girl. This is not a problem for taking the goat to fair, but now we have to choose another name.

What I'm reading: I am not reading much right now. But I do want to try to pick up a book later this week....maybe one of the historical fiction books I have on our school reading list.

What I'm listening to: The laundry going. I am getting a head start this Monday morning...

What we're learning: We are learning about the founding of Jamestown, Samuel de Champlain, and Henry Hudson in history this week. The older children need to come up with a convincing part of a presentation for our goat project....we are lobbying our club to vote to help us buy some clippers. And later this week we have our fine arts/art history/composer study co-op.

What I'm watching: The lovely weather outside. It was in the 70's this last weekend and will be a little cooler, but still sunny this week. I love sunny days.

What's cooking: Today some of us are having some dental work done, so we are appropriately having Butternut Squash Soup for dinner. Other things on the menu this week? Indian Curry, Spaghetti, and of course our weekly Friday-night-homemade-pizza.

What I'm buying: I can't think of anything I need to go out and get except water, which we seem to go through like....water.

What I'm thankful for: I am really thankful right now for friends who are helping me on our goat journey. Especially one, who has helped us pick our goat, is giving me feeding advice, and will help us learn all about goat showmanship.

What I'm creating: This week I am creating a couple of homeschool product reviews. And because I am now on The Crew, you all will get to read them right here on my blog.

What I'm praying: I am praying for my children this week, that they would be focused on their schoolwork. Sometimes as homeschoolers it is hard to be motivated, and I pray that the Lord would give them diligent hearts in their studies.

What I'm planning: I am trying to think of some fun activities to do when we study ants in science next week....a couple of days before I am going to send my kids out on an ant hunt so we can feed them and observe how they work.

What we did this last weekend: We went Saturday to de-horn our goat, or rather, we watched her get de-horned. She was definitely not a happy goat for a little while. We then went to our friends house for a baby yet-to-be-born gender reveal party...they had a big box in their yard which they opened up, balloons came out with one still attached with a string.....that was PINK! So they will be welcoming another girl into their family in a few months. Sunday we went to church, had our fellowship meal, then went to the assisted living center for their service. Then home to hang out with friends into the evening.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our 4-H officers meeting this Tuesday, then of course co-op on Wednesday. Saturday we are going to a goodbye party for one of our dear friends who is headed off to military boot camp. And of course we are looking forward to going out to visit the goat a couple of times.

A picture to share:


~Dessert on Friday night....a giant chocolate cookie fresh out of the oven with vanilla ice cream....yum.

3 comments:

  1. That cookie looks soooo yummy! I wish I could eat it right now. ;-) Good luck with the goat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the giant cookie looks yummy!
    Also, for names... Galadriel is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lisa! Yes the goat project is going to be interesting.... :-)

    Stef, Galadriel would be a good one! Bookworm wanted Arwen, but Mr. Lego was thinking about one of the female characters from Andy Griffith. It's still being debated.... :-)

    ReplyDelete