Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That my kids can be so cute sometimes. They are doing this thing right now where they are all pretending to be soldiers. Mr. Lego is the captain in charge and give them orders. The girls all march in order and salute one another. Hmmm, how can I get them to incorporate their schoolwork into this?

What I'm reading: I am not in the middle of anything right now....except of course my year-long Bible reading, where I am in Job and I Corinthians.

What I'm listening to: Bookworm is practicing her piano behind me right now. She is trying to play an easy version of Fanfare by Duncombe.

What we're learning: This week we are learning about Cervantes and Don Quixote, and the Australian Aborigines in history. The older children have a big geography test this week in co-op, and Nutsy is starting to really read now.

What I'm watching: We watched The Spirit of St Louis starring Jimmy Stewart with the kids over the weekend. It is amazing to me that with only a compass and his 'dead reckoning', he went from New York to Paris without stopping.

What's cooking: This week I am making Cumin-Pepper Curry, Turkey Meatball Soup, and Chicken Quesadillas.

What I'm buying: I am thinking to go out later this week and get some seeds for my garden. Gardening friends: is it too late to start seeds indoors here in CA, or should I just wait a couple weeks and start small plants outside?

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for my husband's job. Things are so uncertain with the economy right now and I am grateful that even though he works long hours, he has a job.

What I'm creating: I just went into the kitchen and made myself a cup of Chocolate Berry Earl Grey Tea. So lovely on this cloudy morning.

What I'm praying: I am praying for those of my friends who are pregnant, or are desiring to be parents. That the Lord would open their wombs and give the Mommas a safe and uneventful pregnancy.

What I'm planning: Busy times are ahead. Our co-op is getting ready to wind down, and I am figuring out all the experiments for the science part. We are planning to get the goat this week which means our days will fill up with feeding and training him, showmanship practice and all that goes with having a goat. Doing 4-H means that we have a busy spring, but I love what the children are learning, and all of the many public speaking and leadership opportunities they have.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we went to our county's 4-H Presentation Day. Both of the older children did great; Bookworm got a gold and Mr. Lego got blue. Then that evening we had our first Supper for Six with friends. Yesterday we went to church and then came home to a relaxing afternoon with our family. Some weeks it is good for us to just come home and be together; to go to the park, talk with one another, and eat good food.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a field trip this week to the train museum, co-op, a goat meeting, the Lego class, and I think that is it. I am looking forward to another school week and just the normal stuff: laundry, washing floors, cooking dinner.

A picture to share:


~This is from the spring of 2007....Daddy reading to his cute little girls The Incredible Journey.

3 comments:

  1. you make the best food!! I look forward to these Monday Musings for food inspiration more than anything! :)

    I also wish we lived closer and I have a feeling my girls would adore spending time with your girls and my son, who loves legos, would get a kick out of your Mr. Lego :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stef, I wish we lived closer too! I have a feeling our kids would love to hang out too. :-)

    And that Turkey Meatball soup is so good; I am making it tonight and maybe I'll blog the recipe.

    ReplyDelete