Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 14th

We are not big Valentine Day celebrators, but I did see this idea here and here.



Last night I wrote each of my children a note, letting them know what I love about them.

This was truly an exercise for me.....as a mom I am constantly on them for the things I don't like in them, and to fill a whole heart with things I love about them was challenging in some ways.



An exercise in love with plenty of grace, reminding me of the ultimate sacrifice on my behalf.




Greater love has no one than this, 
that someone lay down his life for his friends.
~John 15:13

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Charlotte! I know exactly what you mean. It is easy to think about what needs to be worked on or trained. Sometimes we need to think about what we truly appreciate about our kids ~ the lovely traits they have. Happy Valentine's Day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Lisa, for the great idea! Happy Valentine's to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete