Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: What to eat for breakfast....I have been trying to eat less carbs which means we have been eating scrambled eggs, breakfast burritos, veggie scrambles and things like that. Which means that breakfast is more than popping a piece of bread in the toaster, and actually means having to do dishes afterwards. But I feel like I am not as hungry mid morning and am liking eating this way.

What I'm reading: I am hoping to get a big chunk read out of my history book.....maybe I can get into the Renaissance by the end of this week...

What I'm listening to: Silence. Everyone is getting ready for the day very quietly. Oh, someone just started brushing their teeth upstairs.

What we're learning: This week in history we are studying Tycho Brahe and Johann Kepler, Sir Francis Drake, and William the Silent. And we always have spelling tests, math worksheets, geography assignments for the older ones and phonics pages for the younger ones.

What I'm watching: As part of our anniversary celebration, my Sweetie and I went to see the new Mission Impossible, and I think it was my favorite one so far.

What's cooking: This week I have two soups on the menu: Italian Sausage Soup and Split Pea Soup. Another day I am making Gryos with homemade Tzatziki sauce and hummus. Yum.

What I'm buying: We ran out of bottled water last night. And so I am off very soon to fill up all of our 5 gallon water bottles at the store....I have a phobia of drinking water from the tap and I haven't had my morning cup of tea yet.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for our children. They make me laugh, encourage me, are definitely not perfect, and sanctify me through my parenting. This is one of the most rewarding, yet hardest jobs ever.

What I'm creating: I am hoping to have some time to start working on my scrap book again. I have scrapbooks from our marriage up until 2007, but then I got lazy and I made one online a couple of years ago. But I missed the three-dimensional, on-paper look that comes from doing it yourself with photos, so that is on my to do list.

What I'm praying: Today I am praying for marriages in general. That God would continue to bless my friends' marriages, and that as time goes on, they would remain committed and true to their spouse.

What I'm planning: We have a quiet week ahead; no 4-H meetings but we do have co-op and the Lego class. And I can't believe it is almost February.

What we did this last weekend: My Sweetie and I celebrated 16 years of marriage; I love that man so much. We came home after church yesterday and relaxed with the kids, ate chicken tacos and played Up the River.

What I'm looking forward to: A friend and her little ones are going to visit with us today, and there is another family birthday coming up....my son is going to turn 15 in a week. I'll just tell you right now that that is not possible. I am not the mother of an-almost 15 year old....

A picture to share:


~My Sweetie and I, 16 years ago, on our honeymoon...

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo! So cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! it seems like such a long time ago. :-)

    ReplyDelete