Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it is raining pretty hard right now. Finally, after a couple of months of dry weather, we have had rain since Thursday.

What I'm reading: Nothing in particular.....I am still reading that history book and just finishing up the book on dangerous plants from the library.

What I'm listening to: Sounds in the kitchen. I told the kids they could make pancakes this morning and so Bookworm has taken charge and is giving orders. I also asked them to make me another cup of tea.

What we're learning: This week we are learning about pterosaurs in science, and waterways, erosion and precipitation in geography. I am having the older children read sections of The Story of Liberty by Charles C Coffin to supplement history.

What I'm watching: My sweetie and I started watching The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett. Our friend is loaning the DVD's to us and we'll watch them over the next couple of weeks.

What's cooking: This week I am making fish tacos, Cheesy Chicken Chowder and a chicken broccoli pasta salad. Nothing exotic or out of the ordinary.

What I'm buying: There are a couple things I need to run out to get and my car needs a visit to the gas station.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for my husband. We are celebrating 16 years of marriage this week; my love, I am so happy and blessed to be your wife.

What I'm creating: I am helping with some creations this week....I am giving advice to my older two and how they should do their presentation boards for this years' 4-H presentation. Mr. Lego's is on rabbit digestion and Bookworms is on rabbit diseases.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would continue to sustain our family and my husband's job during this economic downturn. He is faithful.

What I'm planning: I am planning fun ways to celebrate our marriage later this week, I need to plan out some things for 4-H, and I need to look at some curriculum for next year.

What we did this last weekend: We had a cozy Saturday with a nice fire in the fireplace and a rain storm outside; that night we had some good conversations with the kids and made and ate gyoza using this recipe. Yesterday we went to church and then had a new family to our church over for a spaghetti dinner. We had a great time getting to know them better.


What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to going through an upstairs closet and deep cleaning my laundry area this week. But most importantly, I am looking forward to celebrating with my Sweetie.

Pictures to share:

These were taken at co-op last week....we were seeing if we could use our sense of smell to find a certain scent.




This next one cracks me up...there were no disgusting scents so I have no idea why everyone was covering their mouths.




Later that week the girls made a smoothie bar....



...inspired by samples at Costco, obviously.

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary! Brian and I will celebrate 15 years this year. :-) Have a blessed celebration with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts