Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I don't know what to do with those darn rabbits. Yes, we had 6 babies last week, but over the next few days, they all died. I think the mom was feeding them, and she was trying to keep them warm, so I'm not sure exactly what happened. We do have another plan up our sleeve for getting to auction this year....I need to figure a few things out and then I'll share it on my blog.

What I'm reading: So I am crawling through the history book I'm reading....it is more of a thinking book, and some days I don't have the brain power to read much of those. I did pick up some lighter reading material at the library last week: Wicked Plants by Amy Stewart. This is a fun but serious look at all the plants we should avoid. Did you know that you can't eat raw cashews because they are a part of the poison oak family?

What I'm listening to: One of my favorite songs right now is How Deep the Father's Love For Us sung by Fernando Ortega. Such convicting words.

What we're learning: We are moving on to studying about Mary Queen of Scots, Jeanne d'Albret, and St Bartholomew's Day Massacre in history. In science we are learning all about bats this week; I have a fun activity for the kids to do in our co-op about bats and their smelling ability. And we are moving onto question #56 in the catechism.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched Vantage Point. We had seen it a couple of years ago and enjoyed watching it again.

What's cooking: This week I am making Pesto Chicken, Golden Winter Soup with Gruyere Toasts, and Bacon and Butternut Pasta from this months' Cooking Light Magazine.

What I'm buying: I went major shopping last week, and so far I don't think I forgot anything.

What I'm thankful for: Warmth on a cold day. My bathrobe. My lovely cup of Earl Grey Tea.

What I'm creating: I am making my own laundry soap this week! I got the idea from a friend, used a little of hers to see how I liked it, and got the recipe from here.

What I'm praying: That even though parenting can be one of the hardest, most sanctifying roads I have ever walked, I am striving to be joyfully consistent in all I do and trust in God alone for the outcome. Thanks be to God for His mercy, because if the end result was up to me, I would fail.

What I'm planning: This week I want to go through my clothes and take out the things I haven't worn in a while. I also need to space organize in the walk in closet....having a small house means you can't hoard stuff.

What we did this last weekend: We ran a few errands on Saturday, and had yummy Tostadas that evening. Sunday we went to church and Sunday school, then back home for a relaxing afternoon. We ate some munchies, played Aggravation with the kids, and then I made Avgolemono for dinner. Then back to church for our monthly evening worship.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a couple 4-H meetings this week, I am getting together with a friend for lunch one day, and we have our regular co-op and lego class too.

A picture to share:

In Mr. Lego's class last week, they had Robot Wars.

Here is the final:





Mr. Lego and his teammate B named their robot Dave....

Comments

Popular Posts