Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Monday Musings (On Tuesday)

What I'm thinking: That we had a lovely time off from the regular the last two weeks. No school, Facebook, 4-H...instead we filled our days with family and friend's visits, fun games, good food, movie nights,....but today we get back to normal.

What I'm reading: I am planning to pick my history book back up; A Brief History of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Peoples by JD Steele.

What I'm listening to: The heater is just coming on. We haven't had any rain the last few weeks, which means we have had some pretty cold mornings. 


What we're learning: Back to school this week. In history we are learning about Mary Tudor, Elizabeth I, and John Knox. Very interesting people. Then in science the children are moving from the study of birds to bats. In writing this week Dasher is doing narrations and copywork from The Hobbit.

What I'm watching: This is what I am NOT seeing....baby rabbits. So I am looking into other 4-H ideas for auction and fair.

What's cooking: Last night we had a yummy dinner; Beef and Bok Choy Hot Pot over rice. Tonight I am planning to make Minestrone Soup with sourdough bread.

What I'm buying: I cannot think of anything I need to purchase this week. I love it when I am organized like that.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for God's provision for our family as we start this year. Our house, my husband's job, that we have enough to eat every day....things I tend to take for granted that are truly blessings we don't deserve.

What I'm creating: I have lots of pictures that I took over the holidays that I need to organize and edit....blog posts to come soon too.

What I'm praying: That as I train and counsel my children this week, I would do it in love and patience; remembering that I too am a sinner, just like them.

What I'm planning: I need to do some long term planning for school this afternoon, and the bathrooms need some cleaning attention. But foremost on my mind? Right after I finish writing this I plan on going and working out with Jillian Michaels and getting rid of all those extra calories I ingested over the last couple weeks.

What we did this last weekend: This last weekend we had our annual New Year's Eve party at our friends house. We stayed up very late as usual. Then on Sunday afternoon we had friends over for California Rolls and Sukiyaki. Yesterday we did some stuff around the house and then played Star Wars Monopoly with the kids. And who took over the universe? My Sweetie, of course.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our 4-H Leadership meeting tonight, and then tomorrow is our co-op meeting. We'll be learning about watercolors and so the kids are excited about that. And Mr. Lego has his Lego class this week too.

A picture to share:


~A photo of my favorite people, taken at China Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment