Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it is a beautiful, crisp fall morning here. The sun is up, the sky is clear and the leaves are glistening.

What I'm reading: I am still reading A Brief History of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Peoples by JD Steele. Now I'm up to Charlemagne and Medieval People. I also have one last chapter to read in The King's Speech by Mark Logue.

What I'm listening to: It's a very quiet house right now. A couple people are reading near me, one is upstairs, and the last child's location is unknown. It's funny how when they were all little, I knew where they were almost all the time; now I can go an hour without seeing someone and I'm not freaking out.

What we're learning: This week we are moving onto question #54 in the Shorter Catechism. We are also learning about William Tyndale, Copernicus, and Bartolome de Las Casas in history. And later this week we have our 4-H leadership project meeting.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched True Grit with Jeff Bridges. We really liked the old John Wayne movie and weren't sure if the new one would be good, but we really liked it. Except that we both agreed the old ending was better.

What's cooking: I am trying a couple of new dishes in my crock pot this week: Pesto Chicken and Sweet Potatoes, and Brown Sugar Chicken. I have said it before and I'll say it again, I love my crock pot!

What I'm buying: We ran out of white paper a couple days ago. With four kids who love to cut paper into crafts and draw (even with a two sided rule), this is a problem.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for my husband. He is such a good friend, encourager and comforter. We can complete each others sentences and usually predict what the other will do next. I love you, Sweetie.

What I'm creating: My focus this week is helping the kid's with their presentations for 4-H. They moved our presentation date up a month and with us taking off a couple weeks during Christmas, I feel the urge to get moving on them.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would continue to keep us healthy this winter season. I know sickness will come a few times a year and I pray that it would be mild and timely.

What I'm planning: To work on our Christmas cards later this week. We went out last weekend with my friend and we took about 125 photos of our family. Now to pick the best one and find a photo card template....

What we did this last weekend: The girls and I went to our church's Ladies Tea; we had a lovely time eating delicious food and fellowshipping. Then, like I said above, we went out and braved the cold for our family photo. Sunday we went to church and Sunday school, then to the assisted living center for their service. Then all the service volunteers came to our home for a lovely evening of munchies and good conversation.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our co-op Christmas party this week, and then we have the cousins coming to visit next weekend.

A picture to share:



~Outtakes from our Christmas photo shoot.

2 comments:

  1. Love the outtakes!! Can't wait to see you.

    Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate! I can't wait to hang out with you too. :-)

    ReplyDelete