Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our house. It is our family tradition to set up the tree the day after Thanksgiving, and this year was no different. Christmas season is here.

What I'm reading: Mr. Lego brought a book home from the library last week...The King's Speech written by Mark Logue, Lionel Logue's grandson. It is the true story behind the movie, based on Lionel's diaries. So I have put aside my reading of ancient history for a more modern one.

What I'm listening to: Not really anything right now. The two little girls are playing behind me and the house is quiet.

What we're learning: We are back to school this week after taking a week off. In history we are learning about Ivan the Terrible, the Jesuits, and the explorers of North America. Nutsy's new phonics books came in the mail last week so she is excited about starting those today, and Dasher is starting a new literature book, The Littles.

What I'm watching: Fog. We live in a town that doesn't get too much fog during the year, but when we do get it, it is beautiful. Especially this time of year with the fall leaves and the fog hanging on the ground....if I have time before it burns off I might go out there with my camera.

What's cooking: We have eaten turkey, in many different ways, for the last 4 days. So I am ready for a change, so we'll be having Creamy Tomato Soup tonight with a green salad and french bread.

What I'm buying: This next Sunday is our monthly service at the assisted living center. In December, the kids usually make little Christmas ornaments for the residents that come to our service, so I'll be heading out to the craft store to see what they have later this week.

What I'm thankful for: I am really thankful for my trusty bathrobe. I bought it a few years ago with a coupon at Bath & Body Works, and I have to say it is the warmest thing I own. I love snuggling into its folds in the early morning.

What I'm creating: A couple weeks ago the kids got out all my old scrapbooks, (Remember when Creative Memories was the craze?) and we were bummed when the pictures stopped in 2007. Especially Nutsy, who was only 2 then. So I am inspired to start up again, and record memories for my family.

What I'm praying: That I would remember to make time this week for prayer. Not the one or two sentence prayers, but deliberate, thought out words; a very small pittance to my gracious and merciful God.

What I'm planning: I can't think of anything right now.....I do need to think about lesson planning my science for co-op for the rest of the year....oh, and our 4H presentations are coming up so I need to help the kids plan those out.

What we did this last weekend: We had a lovely Thanksgiving with My Sweetie's mom, then went to a rabbit show on Saturday. Sunday we heard a convicting sermon on thankfulness and prayer, and then home for a relaxing afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: We have co-op this week, and the Lego class starts up again. Having the week off was very nice and I feel recharged to start up again. We only have three more weeks until our Christmas break....

A picture to share:


~Thanksgiving 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment