Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: What to do with those rabbits. We had a sad day Sunday, the kids went out to check the rabbits and we lost one of the does during the night. We are not sure why or what was wrong with her, but everyone took it pretty well. (We actually had too many does, so between you and me it made things a little easier.) I have another doe that should have babies in two weeks and we are trying to breed another doe this week....these rabbits sure don't want to procreate.....

What I'm reading: The kids finished up Goodbye, Mr. Chips last week, so I need to get hopping on it too. I also want to start reading The Marvelous Riches of Savoring Christ by Ruth Bryan.

What I'm listening to: Quiet conversations on the sofa behind me, someone heating up water in the kitchen, someone humming at the table.

What we're learning: This week in our science class we will learn about bird field guides and the difference between bird calls and bird songs. We are moving onto question #49 in the catechism, which I think must be the longest one in there. In history we are learning about Machiavelli, Raphael, and Luther and his ninety-five theses.

What I'm watching: A cloudy morning. If I could choose, I would never have a cloudy day on a Monday. I have enough trouble getting going on Monday mornings, without the sun to cheer me up.

What's cooking: Tonight I am making clam chowder, which is timely because it is supposed to rain today. Tomorrow I am making my Quesadilla Pie for dinner with Spanish rice.

What I'm buying: Later this week I have my monthly shopping, so I am making those shopping lists....

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for my camera. The used one I bought last spring is still working good, and I am so thankful that I can record life with it. Which reminds me, I need to start snapping some photos today....it is the 10th!

What I'm creating: I never got to my table runner last week; this week looks a little calmer, at least in the first part, so I am going to sit down and try to make it.

What I'm praying: I have some good friends that are driving to Texas right now with 8 of their children, to see their second born son graduate from basic training. So today I am praying for safe travels this week....another friend's children are flying back from the east coast this week, and a few dad's in our congregation travel often in their work. Traveling mercies please, Lord.

What I'm planning: To go work out, even though I don't feel like it. Then a nice warm shower and school with the kiddos.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we visited my friend's pony rides and petting zoo at a nearby pumpkin farm, then we grilled chicken for dinner and played a rousing game of Up The River (or There And Back Again) with the kids. Bookworm won. Sunday was church and Sunday school, then over to a friends for pizza and volleyball. Back to church again for our monthly evening worship.

What I'm looking forward to: A totally normal week. And I am looking forward to my big shopping trips; I enjoy looking for the best deals and filling the cupboards and freezer.

A picture to share:


~Signs of the season.

Comments

  1. I love these! I feel like yours are way more interesting than mine.
    Sorry about the bunny :( I remember when I was about 16 I put the bunny on the lawn {in its cage} and forgot to go out a few hours later to move it. Ended up being an incredibly hot day, and... you can guess the rest :(

    Isn't Goodbye Mr. Chips a movie too? I feel like I've seen it.

    the pumpkin picture is great! I mean, Pinterest great. I love it.
    Also, your weekend sounds super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny....I feel like mine are boring but reading yours are fun. :-)

    You're right, Goodbye Mr. Chips is a movie....I was thinking when we were done studying the book to watch it with the kids.

    And I am having a fun time on Pinterest too! The recipes I see on there are tempting... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts