Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking:  The weather sure is changing. Last night we slept with the window open and I swear there was a 20 degree drop during the night. I will miss the warmth of summer, but am looking forward to Gingerbread Lattes, warm fires in the fireplace, and cozy socks.

What I'm reading: This week I am reading through Five Children and It by E.Nesbit. I love how she writes and am really enjoying the book. I plan to read this to the younger children in our co-op during literature time.

What I'm listening to: Coffee brewing in the kitchen. We seem to be having a slow morning, so Bookworm offered to make us all some coffee to help us wake up. Yes, I occasionally let my kids drink coffee.

What we're learning: In history we are learning about Michelangelo, Northern Renaissance artists and Erasmus. This is a week full of art history, as it is our monthly art history meeting with the co-op, where we will learn more about Fragonard. We will also be doing another art lesson on watercolors and studying Mozart and his music.

What I'm watching: Over the weekend my Sweetie and I watched The King's Speech again. I think that movie is going to be one of my top five favorite movies. The acting is superb and I love the story.

What's cooking: I make out my menu every month, which I made up about three weeks ago. And this week I had chosen to make Minestrone Soup on Tuesday....the very day that we are going to have a rain storm with a high of 65 degrees. What a change from the 90's we had last week!

What I'm buying: Last night we went out to put another water jug in the crock, and found out we are out. And since I still have my tap water phobia, I'll be off to the store very soon to refill all 5 of our jugs.

What I'm thankful for: My sweet children. Sometimes life with them can be tough, but they can almost always make me laugh.

What I'm creating: I don't usually decorate seasonally, but I saw some cute ceramic pumpkins at the dollar store the other day. They are now on the table, with some fall colored candles, and fake leaves. I also bought some material to make a table runner so I want to work on creating that later this week.

What I'm praying: There are some needs in our church family......sickness, lack of employment, important decisions to be made, and traveling mercies needed. I try to remember to pray for those around me and to remind the children to include others in their prayer time.

What I'm planning: I am planning to go exercise with Jillian Michaels, take a shower, then do school with my children. Oh, and go get my jugs of water. And since I love my cup of tea during our history reading, I might need to run over there after my shower. I am so thankful we live very close to a grocery store!

What we did this last weekend: I did some fun baking on Saturday for our monthly church fellowship meal.....yummy Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars. I also made an Indian Feast for our family that night. Sunday we went to church and Sunday school, then had a lovely time fellowshipping with friends. Then we headed to a new assisted living facility which is closer to our church. Our first Sunday there went very well, with about 10 residents coming to the hymn sing and devotional we help put on.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to co-op this week; it is our more relaxed co-op meeting of the month , and we usually have more time for fellowship. We have our Leadership Project meeting also, and someone special is turning 12 later this week.....

A picture to share:


~My plate from our Saturday Indian Dinner. This was all actually pretty easy to make; I'll blog about that later this week.

4 comments:

  1. I love your Monday Musings and I LOVE the new website look!!
    The picture at the top is fab.

    Okay, the coffee brewing - I have such fond memories of hearing my Mom's coffee brew every morning, as we started school. I'm tempted to buy a coffee maker and do that, just to hear it. But dumping it out afterward would make me sad :)
    I remember studying Mozart! Loved it. Love him and his music. I'm a major classical nerd.

    Do you do Jillian's workouts regularly? I love them and enjoy finding people who love them as well. She's my most favorite and I get amazing results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stef! We are totally the same about coffee...I remember it brewing when I was young and I love the smell of coffee! But I don't drink it much.

    I do Jillian's workout twice a week...the other two days I do Leslie Sansone's walking videos. I like Jillian, but when it gets to level three there is almost too much impact stuff and the full situps are bad for my back, so I just improvise those things. But I really love her workouts!

    And thanks for the website input...my friend is going to help me get the name of my blog on the header...

    Have a lovely time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - we had a nice time, but as all good things, it came to an end :(

    I had a hard time with level 2 on her DVD's and ended up just deciding to skip it, for the same reason. Felt like it was mostly jumping and my knees were starting to really hurt.
    You'll have to try No More Trouble Zones. It is longer (I think its 45 minutes) but it targets all those "trouble zones" and really is effective! Not much jumping around either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a hard time with level 1, (full pushups) and then level three. (too much impact and full situps.) :-) But I knew what worked from the other levels so I would just insert that.

    I am going to look for the No More Trouble Zones the next time I am at Target....although 45 minutes is a little longer than I want. But I love her stuff!

    ReplyDelete