Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am hungry. As soon as I finish writing this I am planning to go make toast with peanut butter and jelly for breakfast.

What I'm reading: I started reading the book the older children are studying in the Language Arts class that my friend is teaching in our co-op. And so far I am loving the story and writing style....Goodbye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton.

What I'm listening to: This last week I pulled out my box of cassette tapes and have been listening to old Rich Mullins songs. Awesome God, Step by Step, The Love of God, Creed.....good songs. And you young people, don't make me feel old by asking me what a cassette is...

What we're learning: This week Dasher is doing narrations and copywork from a poem by Hilaire Belloc and the older ones are reading an overview about the continents in geography. We are all moving on to Question 47 in the catechism and then studying about Columbus, Cristobal Colon, and West Africa in history.

What I'm watching: The weather changing, just a bit. It was only in the 80's this last week, but we do have all 90's this coming week. My garden was a little disappointing this year; I only had 2 tomato plants that gave me more than a handful of tomatoes and the zucchini plants quit a couple months ago.

What's cooking: Tonight I am making Hot Browns. I guess they are from Kentucky and are fun open-faced sandwiches. I'll also make a nice green salad to go with it.

What I'm buying: I am so happy with myself....the kids and I did our monthly shopping at the end of last week and I don't think I forgot anything!

What I'm thankful for: For God's grace. No matter what situation or trial I am in, I can remember that His grace is a blessing. Where I truly deserve to be right now is in hell, if it wasn't for His grace.

What I'm creating: I realized last night when I was trying to get to sleep that I have completely neglected my journal. It has been at least a month since I have written in it, so later today I need to sit down and catch up.

What I'm praying: For our government. Even though I don't agree with them about some things, they still need our prayers.

What I'm planning: I don't feel the normal scramble that I usually do around this time....I did a lot of my school planning in August. Except for a last minute math curriculum change, everything is going smoothly.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday was our big 4-H fundraiser....the kids served food at a nearby festival. After that we did a couple things around the house and then had yummy Turkey and Mozzarella Panini's for dinner. Yesterday we heard a good sermon on grace and peace, and then went home for a quiet afternoon. Then back to church again for our monthly evening service.

What I'm looking forward to: This week is just a normal week. Co-op, school, laundry, cooking....normal stuff.

A picture to share:


~This was taken 5 years ago and my babies were babies....9, 6, 5, and 1. Oh how time flies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment