Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That my hands feel very strange right now. My Sweetie took all my rings in to be cleaned and since I never take off my wedding/engagement ring and the other teeny heart ring my Sweetie gave me, I feel naked without them.

What I'm reading: A friend of mine let me borrow a book she read called A Lifting Up for the Downcast by William Bridge. I am hoping to read bits and pieces of it through this week.

What I'm listening to: The girlies playing upstairs. I think they are playing with their dolls.

What we're learning: We are still on summer break this week. We are learning about rabbit diseases though....it seems that our rabbit family all caught something and have sore hocks. (Maybe in those cages at State Fair??) So the kids are treating them and we are praying they heal.

What I'm watching: I picked up a video at the library last week; the best of National Geographic that my Sweetie and I started watching last night. Two things: it was so sensational that we shut it off early, and watching baby hippos and helpless giraffes get mauled to death right before bed can lead to some strange and scary dreams.

What's cooking: Later this week I am making my Mediterranean Wraps. I love those in the summer!

What I'm buying: This week I am back to my monthly shopping. I tried to do more of a weekly shopping last month which did not work at all. I have found that I need to think monthly with our house supplies and have a deliberate day when I examine our stores and what will last the month.

What I'm thankful for: As I am planning our school year, I am reminded of what a blessing it is to live in a country where we can educate our children at home. I am also thankful that we live in a state where there are not many restrictions; I am also thankful for my dear homeschooling friends and the numerous resources I use.

What I'm creating: An organized school room. I am in the middle of going through notebooks and binders, throwing away broken crayons and stubby pencils, and making lists for school supply shopping.

What I'm praying: That the Lord would continue to give me wisdom as I guide and direct my children. That I would proactively teach them, instead of reacting to their actions and words. That I would use the quiet moments to teach them, and to remember to enjoy them.

What I'm planning: We have some friends coming today to play with the younger kids while Mr. Lego gets the opportunity to go white water rafting with a couple families. Then Bookworm's sewing class is tomorrow, and we are off to visit another friend on Thursday.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday we went up to our friend's house for a goodbye party for her son who is off into the Air Force Reserves this week. We had a great time swimming, grilling and playing volleyball. We heard an encouraging sermon on Psalm 27 yesterday, then participated in our church's monthly fellowship meal. Then home for a quiet afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: Accomplishing a lot this week! After the schoolroom organizing and the errands are done, I am planning to do some deep cleaning in the kitchen.

A picture to share:

~Yes, Nutsy lost her first tooth this week.

Comments

  1. Sorry about your bunnies :(
    Nutsy, CONGRATS! That's exciting news for you!
    Also, the Mediterranean wraps - when's dinner? I'll be right over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stef. And we are having the wraps tomorrow....we'll eat around 6. :-) Wish you did live closer...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts