Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Right this moment? That my cup of Peach Tea I am drinking is lovely. I will drink coffee occasionally, especially if I was up until 2am talking or playing games (this has happened twice over the last 5 days), but tea is my morning beverage of choice.

What I'm reading: I have not picked up a book since last Tuesday. And I think that was a cookbook....I made a big coffee cake and a fun snack mix to take to our family reunion.

What I'm listening to: Humming in the kitchen. Do you hum? My kids hum a lot. And I love it when they hum; humming usually means you are happy and that is a wonderful thing.

What we're learning: We are on our summer break now, and this is our first full week at home with no learning obligations. But we are always learning....

What I'm watching: The weather heat up. We were in Oregon for a few days last week and I think the high one day was 83. On our 10 day forecast here, every day it will be over 90. Of course, I love it.

What's cooking: I am not sure. I did not plan a monthly menu this month for the first time since I can remember. Instead I am kind of doing weekly planning so today I need to sit down and think about what to eat this week.

What I'm buying: Except for our groceries, I can't think of anything I need to buy this week.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for our extended family. We just spent a few days with about 25 of them during our family reunion and we had such a good time.

What I'm creating: I am thinking to do some fun stuff in the kitchen this week. Maybe making some fun ice pops with fruit for the kids, and maybe a watermelon granita for the adults.

What I'm praying: That even during the busy times, I would remember my relationship with the Lord. And that I would be more faithful to daily prayer and reading the Word.

What I'm planning: I have a couple big things on my to do list this week: finish planning out the science for co-op, and get caught up with my homeschooling review writing.

What we did this last weekend: We were in Oregon with our family....we ate yummy food, played games, had good conversations, swam in the pool, and relaxed.

What I'm looking forward to: A semi quiet week at home; I think we'll go swimming a lot, I'll have a game afternoon with the kids one day, and maybe we'll get together with friends.

A picture to share:



~My 94 year-old grandpa with all of his 9 great-grandchildren.

Comments

  1. I'm learning more and more of how much learning our kids do on a daily basis. During the home schooling months I worried so much about how much Ethan was learning, was I teaching him enough, is he on track, etc... and now that we're on break, its been amazing for me to sit back and remember how much day-to-day learning kids really do!

    The peach tea sounds super yummy! a nice summer treat.

    Our weather at least up here in WA has been completely wacko.
    A few hot days here and there, but tons of cooler days and even some grey days with rain. I hear its not been this way since summer of '85 and then the news anchor lady said that year December weather was in the high 80's and low 90's! I'm hoping this year doesn't mimic that year completely ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stef, it is amazing what the kids will learn even when we are not 'learning'. It is then that I realize that I am not just filling their brains with information, but I am teaching them how to learn. We never do stop learning...

    My extended family in Oregon was not too happy with the weather this year either. That day that hit the 80's was the first one of the year for them. We had a pretty mild May, but summer seems normal now. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts