Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I can't believe it is July 11. And that State Fair is here again. We will be going a few days this week, but State Fair is not as crazy as our County Fair. But it will still be fun.

What I'm reading: Except for reading a few pages in my new Nourishing Traditions book, I have not read anything. I am seriously neglecting my summer reading.

What I'm listening to: Outside sounds. I have the window open to let the breeze in before it gets too hot and I can hear a lawn mower off in the distance and a dog barking.

What we're learning: We are officially done with our 2010-11 school year. But we'll still be learning this week....the older two will be studying their rabbit manuals and practicing showmanship like crazy because they are doing showmanship at State Fair.

What I'm watching: My tomatoes turning red. I think I'll be able to pick some later this week. And my two men put up copper tape all around the box and I think it is holding the slug army at bay....

What's cooking: Later this week I am making PW's Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas. You can see the recipe here if you want. They are super yummy.

What I'm buying: Tomorrow I have an appointment for a haircut. I usually let it grow, and grow, and neglect to get it trimmed. So every so often I have to go in to get a few inches chopped off.

What I'm thankful for: The beautiful weather that is forecasted this week. It is only supposed to get into the mid 80's all week. Which will be so nice at the fair....last year it was 105° when we were there. (Thanks to my dad, I now know how to do the little circle for degrees! You push Alt, then 0176 on the keypad.)

What I'm creating: Lists so I don't forget things in the next couple weeks. The next two weeks are especially busy; I don't know if I will get to blog much but I'll update you on our adventures later this month. And it is always an adventure....

What I'm praying: That my life would reflect Christ. Over the weekend we went to my friend's memorial service. And it made me think: what do others see when they look at me? And so I pray that people wouldn't see what I do and think of me, but would think of Christ and His saving work.

What I'm planning: I'm still plugging along, planning out the science class for next year. And I am learning a ton about bird feathers, flight, bird anatomy and bird songs.

What we did this last weekend: We went to the memorial service, then helped our friends, who are deserting us in our town and moving to the next town, pack up their moving truck. Sunday after our church service and fellowship time a bunch of people went to their new house to help our friends again. And in record time, about 10 guys and 18 children helped unload the truck. Us women stood in the shade directing traffic. Then we went to a park with another family for some volleyball.

What I'm looking forward to: I am looking forward to State Fair.....to seeing the great exhibits, walking through the UC Davis Farm, watching different animal competitions, eating something deep fried, and picking out a couple rides to go on with the kids on the Midway.

A picture to share:


~This was 4 years ago, at my grandpa's 90th birthday. Look how we have changed. And last week he turned 94....Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

2 comments:

  1. Charlotte, thanks for visiting/commenting on my blog! I especially enjoy following your weekly Monday Musings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah. I am a silent lurker on your blog but hope to comment more. :-)

    ReplyDelete