Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: I love the summer. I love wearing skirts, being warm, sitting in the sun (with sunscreen), swimming in the pool,...my Sweetie always says I would do well in Africa.

What I'm reading: I need to finish up Age of Opportunity, but in my fun reading time this last week I was reading a bit of James Herriot's The Lord God Made Them All. He is hilarious.

What I'm listening to: Right now, Nutsy singing upstairs and the other kids playing a card game at the dining room table.

What we're learning: We have a couple more weeks left of school...the 4-H record books are finally done and I think the older two will finish up their writing books this week too. This week I am going to try to focus on fun math games as sort of a review.

What I'm watching: A fly keeps buzzing around the computer screen. The rabbits in the backyard are a huge fly-magnet, so we spray the grass and have traps set out for them. And inside the house we started Fly Wars; where we keep track of who kills the most flies and every couple weeks give out a small reward. The one flying around right now has its minutes numbered....

What's cooking: Tonight I am making Chicken Pad Thai with Peanut Sauce.  For some reason I love Asian noodle dishes when it is hot.

What I'm buying: The first thing that popped into my head was water balloons. We are having our annual 4th of July crazy slumber party, and the next day we usually have an anything-goes, all out water fight.

What I'm thankful for: That I am counted as one who was born in Zion. We heard an encouraging sermon yesterday on Psalm 87 and the glorious things of the city of God. My permanent address is not here, but in heaven.

What I'm creating: Science lesson plans. My science curriculum order came and now I am going to attempt to plan out the entire year of teaching. We'll see if this works and I can do it this way.

What I'm praying: Continuing to pray for the N family, as they make plans for the future and adjust to life without their mom.

What I'm planning: To make more yogurt this week! The homemade yogurt was a huge hit with all the kids last week and super easy to make. I followed the recipe from Make it Fast, Cook it Slow which can be found here.

What we did this last weekend: Saturday I pulled off something I didn't think I could do....a surprise birthday party for my Sweetie. He went to help a friend move his piano and while he was gone about 35 people descended on our house. They hid up the stairs and in the kitchen and then when he got home, they shocked my poor husband. Then Sunday after church we had our first church picnic of the summer and we spent the afternoon playing soccer, football and fellowshipping.

What I'm looking forward to: Bookworm has her sewing class again tomorrow, which she is really looking forward to. Then this weekend we are going to a 4th of July party at our friends house which will be lots of fun.

A picture to share:


~Some of the party goers. Our house was packed.


~My Sweetie and I. I still have a mischievous look on my face.

Comments

Popular Posts