Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: I have mounds of laundry to do, I lost a receipt that I need to find, we need to run out and buy more food for the money-sucking rabbits, and in my free time today I'd like to make some homemade granola. Just another Monday.

What I'm reading: This last week I did a lot of reading of a couple of children's books I plan to use next year in literature....I am skimming through them and jotting down vocabulary words and thought questions.

What I'm listening to: Vivaldi's Summer is coming through the CD player speakers right now....the kids really enjoyed learning about Vivaldi during our composer study in co-op last year and put it on this morning. And tomorrow is the first day of summer....

What we're learning: We are continuing in school this week....the older ones are working like mad on their record books for 4-H also. I am also planning to have a fun review with gummy bears for their catechism work later this week.

What I'm watching: my Sweetie and I watched Star Trek 2 over the weekend....I am sort of a Trekkie and enjoying watching a few of the movies.

What's cooking: This week I am making Ham and Gruyere Potato Gratin from one of my trusty Cooking Light cookbooks. I also am planning to go out and pick some baby lettuce for a salad one night. The weather is going to be over 100 degrees here and I don't know if the lettuce will survive.

What I'm buying: I need to go with Bookworm and get some supplies for her sewing class tomorrow. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. :-) She needs some material and thread to make a doll sleeping bag.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for the hope of heaven. And that is where my friend is now; she lost her battle to cancer and is now in the presence of our Savior. My heart breaks for her husband and her children, who are close to the ages of my own, but I know God is sovereign and is being glorified even through her death.

What I'm creating: Science teaching plans. I have the privilege of teaching the co-op children all about flying creatures next year and want to get started on the lesson planning so I can enjoy my August and not be bogged down with school planning.

What I'm praying: That I would remember how awesome our God is. How he knows about my every thought, every word I am going to say, and every step I am taking. And He plans it! How comforting, to know that He cares so much for me.

What I'm planning: To stake my tomatoes. When I planted them I only staked every other plant; I thought that the ones not staked would just lean on the staked ones. Yeah, right. I went out over the weekend and I have beautiful green tomatoes laying in the dirt, waiting for the slug army that I am battling to come and get them. The big question now is how....they are mature plants and won't be wanting to bend or change their posture easily.

What we did this last weekend: Friday we went to another county fair to watch our friends in sheep and swine showmanship. That was lots of fun. We did stuff around the house on Saturday, then went to the wedding of two families from our church that evening. Yesterday we heard a good sermon on Psalm 139 then went home where we made Tostadas for my love in celebration of Father's Day.

What I'm looking forward to: It is going to be a hot week, so I am looking forward to spending some time in the pool. We might be having some friends come a couple afternoons with us which makes it all the more fun. The three older kiddos can swim, so I have only one more munchkin in the shallow end.

A picture to share:


~A few beautiful girls at the wedding Saturday.

Comments

Popular Posts