Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Fair week is upon us! I have 2 days of quiet now...we are not doing school and are going to do some extra housework and prepare for the crazy days....then we have 6 days of waking up early, a couple of late nights, fun food, and good times with friends and family.

What I'm reading: I am going to share another favorite book...I won't have any reading time this week. Around the World in 80 Days is one of my favorites by Jules Verne. He is such an interesting writer and Phileas Fogg is the perfect character to travel around the world.

What I'm listening to: Bacon frying in the kitchen. To be more specific, Chalupa or Carnitas is frying in the kitchen. Since we aren't doing school this morning I let Mr. Lego make bacon, eggs and toast for us all.

What we're learning: We are not doing any formal learning this week, but that doesn't mean we stop! This afternoon the children are going to work on their showmanship routine and tomorrow they are reviewing the rabbit manual for rabbit bowl at the fair. And I am sure we will learn lots as we walk around the exhibits and see the animals at the fair.

What I'm watching: My garden growing. Literally. It seems like every time I walk out there things are getting bigger and taller. I have little green and yellow zucchinis, blossoms on my tomatoes and we will be picking some strawberries later this week.

What's cooking: Tonight I am making an easy Chicken Stir Fry. I'll probably put broccoli, snow peas, carrots and any other vegetables I can find in the fridge in it.

What I'm buying: I can't think of anything I am buying this week....except the kids' ride wristbands. I am thankful our county fair is not too expensive.

What I'm thankful for: I am thankful for my children. They make me laugh almost every day and bring such joy into my life. They are not perfect and neither am I, but I am so thankful God has blessed me with them.

What I'm creating: Bags of snacks and lunch ideas for the fair. I am so thankful we can bring food into the fairgrounds and am planning lunches and fun snacks to bring. And even my treats are going to be better than those fried chocolate bars.

What I'm praying: That as I go through my boring, normal day I would do all to God's glory. And remember to rejoice in all things.

What I'm planning: I have some things in mind to work on the following week, maybe breaking out my grain mill and playing with some bread recipes, and changing the header on my blog.

What we did this last weekend: On Saturday Mr. Lego and Bookworm turned in their exhibits for fair. They also participated in interactive judging and got some insight into the projects they made. Sunday we heard a convicting sermon on Ecclesiastes 11 and then went over to our friends house for our end of the year co-op party.

What I'm looking forward to: Even though this week will be busy, I am looking forward to it. If you live near me and will be at the fair, let me know and we can meet up.

A picture to share:


~We had Grilled Chicken Tapenade Sandwiches with vegetable kabobs on Saturday. I experimented with a couple of the kabobs by using rosemary sprigs from our garden. Even though I soaked them in water for a while, the ends still caught on fire, but the veggies were infused with delicious rosemary.

Comments

  1. Love the idea of rosemary on the kabobs! How yummy. :)

    XO,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate. We need to have you guys over for grilled pizza very soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts