Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That fair season is now upon us. We are concerned about our little market rabbit....his tail is not the fuzzy cotton-ball tail that rabbits have, and usually judges catch everything, so there is now a good chance he might get disqualified. Oh well, such is life. But there is more to the fair than market.....the kids are practicing their showmanship skills and brushing up on their rabbit knowledge for Rabbit Bowl. And of course there is the fair food, the exhibits, the rides....fun times ahead.

What I'm reading: I am still reading Age of Opportunity.....in my spare time, which has been non-existent the last few days.

What I'm listening to: Cute little sounds behind me as my younger two play with Uno, our market rabbit for fair. He is about 5 weeks old right now, and just about as cute as he will ever get.

What we're learning: This week we are studying Catechism question #43. We are now getting into the 10 commandments part...we are challenging the two older children to memorize the questions and answers as we learn them and so I am trying my best to memorize right along with them. In history this week we are learning about the Black Death, the Ming Dynasty, and John Wycliffe. I think I will have the children read Morning Star of the Reformation by Andy Thomson in literature this week.

What I'm watching: The temperatures getting into the 80's this week! My tomatoes and strawberries are getting taller with the warmer weather.

What's cooking: Tonight we are having breakfast for dinner and I am making a Hash Brown Egg Casserole in my crock pot...It is all an experiment as I just want to see what my crock pot is capable of.

What I'm buying: I am getting a list together of homeschooling things for next year to order at this great store. Yes, it is that time of year again.

What I'm thankful for: I am so thankful for our church. Every week we hear the gospel preached, there are opportunities for service and ministry, and we have such good friends that encourage and fellowship with us.

What I'm creating: I am almost finished with my library project; I have gone through all our books and cataloged them, and now to organize them on a Word doc so I can keep track of what we have and where it is.

What I'm praying: That I would continue to be faithful to my Bible time each morning, and that I would impress upon the children the importance of personal prayer and Bible study.

What I'm planning: After I finish this post, I am planning to make myself a nice cup of Ginger Peach Tea from Blackflower and Company. They have so many yummy teas to try!

What we did this last weekend: My Sweetie and Mr. Lego stained our deck in the backyard on Saturday, then on Sunday we went to church, Sunday school and then had our monthly fellowship meal. Then off to the assisted living center for their service and home for some rousing games of ping pong!

What I'm looking forward to: We have a field trip this week to a fish hatchery, and a homeschooling used book sale that I am looking forward to. Then this weekend my Sweetie and I are going to a Jesse Cook concert with a some friends.

A picture to share:


Oh my. Time really needs to stop right now. This is Dasher, 2 years ago.

Comments

  1. What a sweet post and Emma and I loved the picture of Dasher. :)

    I am looking forward to Jesse Cook!

    Oh, and your link under "What I'm buying" is not working.

    XO to you, friend!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate. I can't wait for Saturday!

    And I fixed the link....I think N is planning a group order that we are going to do mid-May....are you going to the SCOPE booksale Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh a booksale?? Don't let me forget to ask you about it when I see you Wednesday! =) How did the dinner turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and we need to talk about a new heading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie, it is the big SCOPE one...Saturday morning in Orangevale. We could go together! And I do need a new heading.... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts