Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Monday Musings (On Tuesday)

What I'm thinking: That we had a great, but busy time at the fair this last week. I added up the time we spent there and it was 45+ hours. I think we really wore the kids out, because they are still in bed as I write this. And I am thinking about the massive mound of laundry I need to take care of.....I haven't done laundry in a week.

What I'm reading: I haven't had any time to read anything except the Rabbit Standard with my kids....I'm hoping to start back up with some serious reading time this week.

What I'm listening to: Silence. Which is so lovely right now. My ears have been bombarded with the crazy animal sounds in the barn, to screams on the rides and the loud music on the stages.

What we're learning: We will get back into school later this week but are taking a nice break the next couple of days.

What I'm watching: My garden grow. I barely recognized it when I checked it yesterday. But I do hope it is not getting confused with the mild weather we have been having.

What's cooking: Later this week I am making Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Wraps. I am also planning to make Baked Sweet Potato Chips to go with it.

What I'm buying: I have to run out today for bread, some fruit and milk. And I think that is all.

What I'm thankful for: That no one got lost or hurt at the fair. I am also thankful for the life lessons my children learned; like losing graciously, and being assertive when they needed to be.

What I'm creating: A clean house. We were really only here at night and on two afternoons the last 5 days so the house is not messy, but the weekly cleaning things need to be done.

What I'm praying: For my friend who has cancer and has been in the hospital this week. I am praying for peace and comfort for her and for her family.

What I'm planning: To have a nice quiet week. We actually have absolutely nothing planned, which is perfect.

What we did this last weekend: In one word: Fair. I am planning to blog about it and share photos soon.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a couple of fun things planned in June, (I can't believe it will be June tomorrow!) and we will get back into the full swing of school next week.

A picture to share:





~The Winners

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all! I can appreciate your desire for a quiet week! :D

    Love you!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete