Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Hmm, just thinking about my day, how much I really don't want to go exercise this morning, about teaching science next year, and that I need to get my crockpot out and ready for dinner tonight.

What I'm reading: I am going to start reading Age of Opportunity by Paul David Tripp. I just found it pushed back on my 'borrowed books' shelf, and remembered that a dear friend let me borrow it a couple months ago.

What I'm listening to: Frying sounds in the kitchen. Mr. Lego was eating 4 pieces of toast in the morning last week and then hungry for a snack at 10am. I realized that he needed more protein at breakfast time so I got some turkey sausage for him to have every now and then with some scrambled eggs.

What we're learning: In history we are learning about the Mongols, Marco Polo and William Wallace. We are also moving onto question #41 and 42 in the Shorter Catechism; I am really enjoying memorizing these along with the children.

What I'm watching: Rain puddles again in the street. We did not have a very big storm, but enough to get things wet out there.

What's cooking: Tonight I am experimenting with this book and making Shepherd's Pie. I use my crockpot mainly for stews and meat dishes and don't usually make casserole type things in it, so I am curious to see how this comes out.

What I'm buying: Last week I was excited to find a gallon-size glass jar at a thrift store for $1.99. So now I have all my water kefir in one container and am finding it is much easier to deal with.

What I'm thankful for: That God's mercies are new every morning, and His faithfulness is beyond my understanding.

What I'm creating: Over the weekend I planted the cucumbers; all I need to do now is get a little bit more dirt to finish the herb garden.

What I'm praying: That my prayers would not be like flat rocks, skipping on the surface of the water; but would be large stones, that are deep and meaningful praises and pleas to my Heavenly Father.

What I'm planning: One of the things I need to do this week is register all of us for the county fair. We have all our rabbits of course, but Bookworm is entering a crocheted afghan and I am thinking to enter a couple photographs. (I just didn't have time to plan out my cake idea so that might wait until next year.)

What we did this last weekend: My Spring Cleaning got me into the mood to organize, so we spent the bulk of Saturday going through the kids rooms, organizing the laundry area and school room. Then we went to church on Sunday and afterwards headed to the park with two other families for our Supper For Six. It was a really nice day; we grilled chicken and veggies, played bocce ball and talked.

What I'm looking forward to: This week is a normal school week; our co-op has a field trip to a nearby iris farm on Wednesday which we are all looking forward to.

A picture to share:

~Signs of spring. Our family in front of the magnolia tree at our church.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts