Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I have a few things I need to get done today. I want to work on my Spring Cleaning project, I have full laundry baskets in all the bedrooms and some garden work to do outside. I also have photographs to edit from our church ball a couple weeks ago; I have kept putting this off because they are from the night when my camera broke and it will be bittersweet to look at them.

What I'm reading: I am almost finished with Stepping Heavenward. Every time I read this book I take away something different; there is a lot if wisdom in its pages, especially for mothers and wives. I highly recommend it.

What I'm listening to: Bookworm practicing her piano downstairs and Mr. Lego trying very hard to get chords out on the guitar upstairs. I feel like I am in the middle.

What we're learning: In history we are learning about Fredrick II, Thomas Aquinas and Roger Bacon. The two older children are doing classification paragraphs in writing and also learning about the end of the rancheros in California history.

What I'm watching: On Saturday night my Sweetie and I watched Mrs. Miniver. This movie came out in 1942 and was about a family in war torn England. Watching it really made me think how thankful I am to not have lived through a war like that, and to remember what in my life is really important. My favorite scene was when their minister read Psalm 91 in their bombed out church.....very fitting.

What's cooking: Tomorrow night I am making Split Pea Soup and will be using Chalupa or Carnitas ham hocks and ham.

What I'm buying: Big shopping happens later for us this week so I need to get hopping on the menu planning.

What I'm thankful for: The lovely weather we have been having. I am so ready for warmer days and last week we hit 70 a couple days. We planted our garden last week and went for a nice walk last night. Thank you Lord, for spring!

What I'm creating: I am thinking to enter a cake in our county fair. But for my idea to work I need an oven proof bowl with a perfectly round bottom. I will try a couple thrift stores this week and then experiment, to the joy of my family.

What I'm praying: That I would this week, draw each of my children aside for special conversations. Sometimes I feel like I am rushing through the day, checking things off my list, and I am not taking the time to work on their hearts and our relationships.

What I'm planning: I am starting to look into different subjects and making school decisions for next year...ideas are rolling around in my brain and I am trying to decide what things would be best.

What we did this last weekend: We had a busy Saturday doing jobs around the house. Then Sunday we went to church and Sunday school. Afterward we came home with just our family and had a yummy dinner of Gyoza and California Rolls.

What I'm looking forward to: We have a field trip for our last Citizenship Project with 4-H on Tuesday, co-op is Wednesday and then a quiet weekend. (I think....)

A picture to share:

~Nutsy with our cute little baby rabbit.

Comments

Popular Posts