Monday Musings

What I'm thinking:  About our rabbits. And that I am once again stuck with a buck. Everyone wants the does, but the bucks seem much harder to sell. I did sell three from our last litter, but I now have this one guy that no one wants. Anyone?

What I'm reading: I started reading the book Penrod by Booth Tarkington to the children last week. And I love the language and writing style...we are exploring words like plaintively, illumination, infinitesimal and eloquence. But the story is captivating and in spite of the advanced vocabulary, they are all loving the book.


What I'm listening to: The house is quiet right now....everyone is upstairs doing their morning chore list.

What we're learning: I am a little behind after we had to take off some time when we were all sick. This week we are studying Rodentia (rodents) in science, William the Conqueror, Pope Gregory VII and Henry IV in history, and Dasher is doing narrations and copywork from The Pied Piper of Hamelin.

What I'm watching: The rain puddles drying up in the street. We had rain over the weekend, but today it is blue skies and supposed to almost hit 60 degrees.

What's cooking: Tomorrow night I am making Japanese Curry with Miso. One of my Sweetie's favorite meals.

What I'm buying: One of the rabbits water bottles cracked and spilled out everywhere over the weekend. So today we need to run to the feed store to buy another one.

What I'm thankful for: That all of the children, who got sick last week, are better this week. Except for lingering coughs, we are all doing much better.

What I'm creating: Homegrown lettuce. Late last week it hit me that it is already March. And I have done absolutely nothing in our garden. So this last weekend the girls went out and pulled out the weeds, turned the soil and planted some lettuce from seed. I am really excited because this is a mix that includes Arugula, Swiss Chard, Endive and a few others I can't remember.

What I'm praying: That God would continue to give me wisdom as I teach and train my children. (It sometimes seems like I pray this a lot. But this is so important and I never feel like I completely 'get it'. But God is always working on me and working through me and my imperfections.)

What I'm planning: I am working on my co-op teaching for this month. This week we are going to talk about gold and its many uses, and I'll quiz the children on the material they read about how gold was first found in California and how the rest of the nation traveled out to find their fortune. Then the following week I have an activity planned to describe inflation and then a gold hunt and gold panning for everyone to participate in. The only thing I am missing is a craft that has to do with the Gold Rush. And I am having a heck of a time finding one. So do any of my smart friends have any great ideas?

What we did this last weekend: Our Saturday was nice and quiet. I made a Sponge Cake for the first time for our church's monthly fellowship meal, but didn't get up to the dessert table in time to taste it! Oh well, I'll just need to make another one. :-) After church we went to the assisted living center and helped with the service there.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our club meeting in 4-H this week, co-op on Wednesday, and a field trip with our 4-H Citizenship project.

A picture to share:


~This was actually taken at the assisted living center last year. This is a sweet lady who remembers us each month and always has a bag of chocolates for the children.

Comments

  1. homegrown lettuce?! That's awesome! We'd love to do that, someday, when we own our own home again :)

    btw- I love your Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the relief of those lingering coughs!

    Hugs and love,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE the photo! So precious!

    Love reading your MM! Reminds me I need to go do mine too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts