Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That the rain I woke up to this morning, literally snuck in overnight. Yesterday was a beautiful, warm day with barely any clouds and now I see gray, rain.....

What I'm reading: Cooking and food books have been interesting to me lately....I just have a couple more chapters in My Life in France, and I am also reading The New Food Lover's Companion by Sharon Tyler Herbst. This book is basically a food encyclopedia, and right now I am in the G's....Gouda cheese, gougere, goulash, gourd...

What I'm listening to: Kids doing their morning stuff upstairs and rain sounds outside.

What we're learning: This week we are onto question #33 in the shorter catechism, Dasher is doing narrations from Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH and the older children are working hard on their presentations; Mr Lego's is on 'Rabbit Showmanship' and Bookworm is doing hers on 'The Many Uses of a Rabbit'.

What I'm watching: This weekend we watched the old Sherlock Holmes film with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce from 1939. I love the way they talk in old movies!

What's cooking: Tonight I am making Clam Chowder with sourdough bread. Really appropriate for a rainy day.

What I'm buying: Big shopping happens later this week....

What I'm thankful for: The freedom we have here in this country to homeschool. This truly is a blessing that I need to not forget.

What I'm creating: I am doing my month of teaching in our co-op in March, and will be enlightening our children's minds to the California Gold Rush. Lots of ideas in my head.....Gold Rush books, crafts and maybe a real live gold hunt....

What I'm praying: That I would seek first His Kingdom, and as I do my daily things, be aware of what my true motives are.

What I'm planning: Today is Valentine's Day...I have never been big on the holiday because I love to be more spontaneous and today feels a lot like a Hallmark forced romance....but that doesn't mean we don't exchange Valentine cards, think about love and eat chocolate. (I'll take any excuse to eat chocolate...)

What we did this last weekend: We picked up Mr. Lego's new glasses on Saturday, then made yummy Maki, Tempura and Miso for dinner. Yesterday we went to church and heard a great sermon on Matthew 6, then had 2 couples over in the afternoon for our Supper For Six. And I have to say that we ladies won the Catch Phrase game!

What I'm looking forward to: We have our rabbit meeting tomorrow night, where Mr. Lego and Bookworm will give practice presentations, then we have co-op on Wednesday. But today I am really looking forward to going to a dear friend's house this afternoon to just hang out. I really love my friends.

A picture to share:



~Our Supper For Six group.

Comments

  1. What a beautiful blog post (and picture)! I like pretty much everything about it!
    I love you!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we won!! ;) We had fun yesterday...but of course we always do when we hang out with you guys. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts