Tuesday, February 1, 2011

15 Years

15 years ago last Thursday I said 'I do' to my love. 15 years. I remember when we were first married, I could not image what it would seem or feel like to be married over 10 years. And now it is 15 wonderful years. I tell him often that each day I feel like I love him as well as I could ever love him, but then the next day comes and I love him even more. We have been blessed with a good marriage; not that we don't have bad days, but most days I am so happy he is mine.

To celebrate we decided to go to Carmel for a few days. The grandparents graciously watched the children so we could spend some time by ourselves.

Since we both love to eat good food, we had looked online the couple of weeks before to get an idea of the different restaurants we wanted to try. This one was where we went for lunch on the first day.




It was very French inside, and had that rustic country inn look to it.


I had a spinach, goat cheese and tomato omelet, while my Sweetie had a tomato olive wood-fired pizza. Accompanied with some lovely merlot and our lunch was nearly perfect.


The next 2 days were spent walking around lovely Carmel....



Eating delicious food...


(This was our favorite food meal, at Dametra Cafe)

...and walking on the beach.


We had bikes with us so we drove to Monterey and biked from Lover's Point all the way to Seaside. (Later when I got home I looked on the internet and saw that we had biked 10 miles round trip! No wonder I was so sore.)


The nice thing about this beach was that there was no one around....which meant we had no one around to take our picture.

We sat on the beach for a couple hours, watching the birds, surfers and having a lovely time talking to each other. I had fun playing around with my camera....




Our anniversary night we went to our favorite atmosphere restaurant of the trip: Anton & Michel.

I had the best Flourless Chocolate Cake that truly melted in my mouth.



We drove down the coast a little ways to the Headlands to see the sunset one night....



I think that the Pacific coast is the most beautiful coast in the world.

And of course the sunset itself.....



Very romantic indeed.

Our last day there we went to Casanova's - a great little Italian place.



I could have just eaten the sun-dried Tomato Tapanade, breadsticks, and olives, and been a very happy lady.



Our waiter was very nice and kept refilling the olive bowl for us.

We can't get away like this too often. You know.... work, homeschooling, housework, life. But it is such a blessing to be able to, every once in a while, head away with just my love and I.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Your trip looked FABULOUS!! I LOVE Carmel. We went there on our honeymoon and have returned a few times since then. I can't wait to go again. It is so enchanted and romantic there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip!! We love Carmel. I have heard La Bicyclette is the best place to eat there.
    I am so glad you guys got the sweet, sunny weather, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rebecca, thank you! What a fun place to go on your honeymoon. It is a very romantic place.

    @Erin, La Bicyclette was a really good place to eat. All organic, seasonable and sustainable. We did choose to eat lunch there as dinner was a bit expensive, but I really loved it and would love to try dinner there next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! 15 years is such a beautiful evidence of God's grace.
    Your trip to Carmel looks/sounds amazing - thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing about these sweet blessings; your marriage, and your trip to celebrate the marriage. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous trip! So glad you enjoyed Casanova's. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on 15 years! I love reading happy notes on marriage. :)

    It looks like you guys had an amazing time, how wonderful! It makes me want to go back down to Carmel...

    ReplyDelete