Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I can't believe I have been married 15 years. And I am so thankful for the wonderful man I married. And that having a few days with just my Sweetie and me together was so rejuvenating.

What I'm reading: I'm still reading My Life In France by Julia Child. It is one of those books that you don't want to come to an end.

What I'm listening to: The bird chirping like crazy in the kitchen. He must see another bird through the window or something....

What we're learning: We are studying King Wenceslas, Otto I  and Vladmir I in history. And we are now up to Question 31 in the catechism and I am going to finish reading The Vikings by Elizabeth Janeway in our literature time this week.

What I'm watching: Last week my Sweetie and did something we only do once in a great while: we went to the movies. We saw The King's Speech which we both really enjoyed.

What's cooking: I am making Soba Noodles with Broccoli and Chicken. I'll also make some rice and have Bookworm make Miso soup to go along with it.

What I'm buying: I am looking at thrift stores for a cute little side table to go by my side of the bed. Now I just need to carve out some time to go out....

What I'm thankful for: Grandparents who love to spend time with our children. And who plan fun things to do while they are visiting.

What I'm creating: I need to finish projects that I start....like that crochet hook holder I was making for Bookworm. It is still sitting in the basket by my bed, half done. I am hoping to change that this week.

What I'm praying: For the two families in our church family that are dealing with cancer right now.

What I'm planning: My month of teaching in our co-op is coming up in March so I need to start looking at the materials and deciding what I am going to do.

What we did this last weekend: We came back from our trip (more about that later), then we celebrated and remembered the life of our friend Saturday afternoon. Church was very encouraging yesterday, then home for a quiet afternoon with Tomato Soup, Pesto Mozzarella Panini's, and a nice warm fire.

What I'm looking forward to: This week we are going to a science museum in place of our co-op meeting and then this Saturday we have a rabbit breed show we are going to.

A picture to share:




~January 27, 2011 - celebrating 15 years of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment