Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am so thankful for our church. After the news that we had lost one of our men last week, yesterday was a day of hugs, tears and encouragement.

What I'm reading: I almost did a happy dance in the library last week when I saw Julia Child's My Life in France on the shelf; I had seen it at the bookstore and it was on my list of books to buy someday....

What I'm listening to: Indescribable by Chris Tomlin is playing right now. What an awesome God we have!

What we're learning: In celebration of our celebration we are taking the week off of school. More on that next week. :-)

What I'm watching: Buds coming out on the trees. We have had warmer weather the last couple weeks and this next week is supposed to be just as nice. We will probably have a rainy February which will really confuse all things that grow.

What's cooking: For the first time in a long time we are having a leftover night. The last three days my eyes must have been bigger than my stomach because I made enough food for a crowd. So it will be Chicken and Rice Casserole, Bean Burritos and Chicken Lasagna with a nice big green salad tonight.

What I'm buying: I need to run out later today for one or two items.....don't you just hate it when that happens?

What I'm thankful for: With what happened this last week, the ordinary things seem like such a solace to me. Like having my husband walk in the door every night. And my children, waking up every morning. I am thankful for the every day blessings that I forget about.

What I'm creating: I am working on taking landscape photos for my photography class. I am hoping to go out and get some good ones later this week.

What I'm praying: For my friend, Betsy, as she begins to start her life over without her dearest friend.

What I'm planning: I can't think of anything I am planning right now.....I am thinking about another recipe blog post though....

What we did this last weekend: We did some things around the house on Saturday, then went to church on Sunday. It was very good to be with brothers and sisters in the Lord that day. We are also saying goodbye to one of our elders who is retiring and moving out of the state so we had a reception for them in the afternoon.

What I'm looking forward to: A celebration happening this week, but then a day of bittersweetness on Saturday; mourning the loss of a friend, yet rejoicing that he is with His Savior.

A picture to share:



~This was in May 2004.....eons ago.....

Comments

Popular Posts