Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: Of what to say in our annual family letter. I'll put it up on my blog later this week and then that will be all I am blogging or Facebooking until 2011. I'll miss reading all your blogs for a couple weeks, but I need the break.

What I'm reading: I don't have anything in the lineup right now....

What I'm listening to: Girlies talking in the kitchen; a ticking sound coming from somewhere.

What we're learning: We are on our winter break from formal schooling for the next two weeks. And it was very nice to have a more laid back morning today....I am still in my bathrobe. :-)

What I'm watching: Sometime this week my Sweetie and I will view our annual watching of Christmas Vacation. Also a dear friend is letting us borrow Elf, which we have never seen.

What's cooking: I am planning our Christmas Eve dinner, which is usually fun appetizers. Some new ones I am trying are Baked Brie and Mulled Wine in the crock pot.

What I'm buying: The only reason I have to go out to the store this week is for veggies and milk. Which is wonderful because every other store is probably crazy right now.

What I'm thankful for: All the rain we have been having. And there is more coming.....all this next week.

What I'm creating: I would like to make some cookies today or tomorrow with the girls; maybe Chocolate Chip and Apricot Crescents.

What I'm praying: For traveling mercies as many I know are traveling over the next couple weeks. And the roads are going to be a bit slippery.

What I'm planning: Later this morning we are heading to the food bank to help fill bags, then tomorrow we will be there to help pass them out. Then on Wednesday we are going to go caroling at the assisted living center, then a cookie party with friends that night. I love having these opportunities to serve others and am happy to see the kids so enthusiastic to participate.

What we did this last weekend: We had a really fun Christmas party last Friday night, then a pretty normal Saturday. Yesterday we were at church in the morning, then had some good friends over for lunch, then back for our evening service.

What I'm looking forward to: We will be seeing family, spending a day in San Francisco, spending another day up playing in the snow, having good times with our kids, and going to a New Years Eve party with friends. Lots of fun things ahead.

A picture to share:



~This is going all the way back to 2003....Mr Lego was 6, Bookworm was 4 and Dasher was just 3. Time flies.

Comments

Popular Posts