Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am a procrastinator. I have a photography assignment due today and for that particular shot I need sunlight. Well today it is foggy and it is supposed to rain the next couple days. :-(

What I'm reading: Still reading Faith Driven Family. Last week the girls all had dental appointments so I got a good chunk read during the two hours I spent in the waiting room.

What I'm listening to: Josh Groban singing O Holy Night. So beautiful.

What we're learning: This is our last week of formal schooling before taking off for two weeks. The two older children both have writing paragraphs due, while Dasher is doing narrations and copywork from Pippi Longstocking. In history we are studying St. Boniface, the Iconoclast Controversy, and Charles Martel.

What I'm watching: This last weekend my Sweetie and I watched The Caine Mutiny with Humphrey Bogart. It was a good one.

What's cooking: Tomorrow night I am planning to make Chicken Pad Thai with Peanut Sauce. Yum.

What I'm buying: I crossed off the last item off of my short Christmas list last week. Gifts are not big things for us; we only give one gift to each child and also to our immediate family. I also make some homemade gifts for friends. Maybe if I remember I'll write a post with my homemade gift ideas. I can't share right now because my dear friends read my blog....

What I'm thankful for: That I have a God who cares for the birds, who causes the wildflowers to be so beautiful and created intricate me. And seeing all these wonders causes me to not be anxious (at least to try not!) about the future.

What I'm creating: A fun day for Dasher this Wednesday because she is going to be turning 10 that day! We have our co-op Christmas party that day, then she has requested steak, peas, mashed potatoes and gravy for her birthday dinner. And cake, of course.

What I'm praying: For those around me in need; whether health needs, financial needs or spiritual needs.

What I'm planning: To address all 79 of our Christmas card envelopes tonight. I might need a serious wrist massage afterward. My back might be aching too.....

What we did this last weekend: We did things around the house and my Sweetie and I finished our Christmas shopping on Saturday. Then yesterday we heard an incredible sermon on not being anxious, then all the parents in our co-op got together for dinner. It was a fun party!

What I'm looking forward to: We have a Christmas party to attend this Friday that I am looking forward to, then on Saturday we are planning to go with friends to see some lights at our city park and zoo.

A picture to share:



 ~Piles of leaves were meant to be jumped into.

No comments:

Post a Comment