Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: We have baby rabbits again! I was getting concerned because this was the second time we had bred Thelma Lou, but Friday we found 5 cute little babies in the nesting box. The rabbit business stays alive....

What I'm reading: I am reading a book given to me by a friend called Hearts of Fire from The Voice of the Martyrs. In it are 8 amazing stories about Christians in other countries who are persecuted.

What I'm listening to: A Nerf gun war going on behind me and little voices getting breakfast in the kitchen.

What we're learning: We are doing a review of what we have learned so far this year in history, I'm focusing on reviewing math facts with everyone and we are learning catechism question #26 this week.

What I'm watching: Fall colors are upon us. So I really want to carve out some time to go take some photos this week. But I might not get to it until next week....

What's cooking: Over the weekend I roasted a whole chicken in my crockpot. Part of it went into Chicken Nachos on Saturday and then today I am cooking the bones and the rest of the meat for Chicken Vegetable Soup.

What I'm buying: Today is my big monthly shopping. Off to Costco, Trader Joes, Target and Winco.

What I'm thankful for: God's providence. I have been wanting to make some food changes...like going more organic and making my own bread. In the last 2 weeks I have been given a grain mill, have gone in on raising organic pork with some friends, and found a way to have organic produce brought to my door. Now to decide if the last find is the best decision economically....

What I'm creating: Lesson plans for the hymn I am teaching our co-op, The Lord's My Shepherd. I am really looking forward to talking about sheep and how they truly need a Shepherd.

What I'm praying: For my friend who has cancer. For wisdom as they seek other treatment and for the healing of her body.

What I'm planning: Thinking about Thanksgiving recipes....anyone trying anything new? I want to, but I love the old favorites.

What we did this last weekend: We had a lovely Saturday at home; going for a bike ride in the afternoon and watching Toy Story 3 with the kids that evening. Then yesterday we had a great morning worshiping with the saints, then off to a friends house for the afternoon and dinner.

What I'm looking forward to: We have our 4-H Rabbit meeting this week, then this weeks co-op meeting is our art history/craft day in co-op. Next week we are taking off and I am ready for a week with no school. And I love Thanksgiving!

A picture to share:


 ~The kids watching the Veteran's Day Parade last Thursday.

Comments

  1. How is it that you are able to pack so much real, genuine joy and contentment in a post this short? Every time I read your blog I am encouraged in some way or another...Thank you.

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only two things we do differently for Thanksgiving are Abigail's cranberry sauce (makes it herself instead of the can variety) and we make rolls that are not always the same recipe. Christmas is where we change things up. We love the same recipes every year for Thanksgiving. :)

    You will have to tell me about the produce thing you are thinking about. That interests me, but the things I have seen that do that are usually pretty expensive.

    XO and see you Wednesday!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts