Monday Musings

What I'm thinking: That I am really liking the time change. I don't mind it getting dark earlier; having a cozy evening with nice candles is perfect for the fall/winter. And it is so much easier to get up when the sun is coming up!

What I'm reading: Not much this last week....a friend of mine though is downsizing and gave me two bags of books and there were some good ones in there.

What I'm listening to: Normal Monday stuff......the laundry going, little voices upstairs and Bookworm practicing her piano.

What we're learning: Early Japan and Gregory the Great in history, formatting paragraphs in Writing Skills, and feliform (cats) carnivores in science.

What I'm watching: Beautiful Fall leaves. It is finally starting to look like Fall around here and I love the different colors.

What's cooking: Tonight it is a yummy Golden Creamy Winter Soup with leeks, potatoes and butternut squash, served with Gruyere toasts.

What I'm buying: I really can't think of anything I need to buy this week, except the normal grocery stuff.

What I'm thankful for: That our future is in the hands of the One who controls the world. Every November when we vote I remember this and am comforted.

What I'm creating: I'm still working on lesson plans for co-op; and I am really trying to perfect a silhouette photo for my photography assignment this week. This is a tough one.....

What I'm praying: For our pastor and elders. That God would give them wisdom and understanding as they lead and minister to our congregation.

What I'm planning: To be more disciplined in checking the children's work. With 4 of them, all doing different things, I need to remain consistent; making sure they finish their jobs/schoolwork/chores. It is easy to get lazy this way....

What we did this last weekend: We went for a bike ride to check out a brand new bike bridge in our town on Saturday. Then yesterday after our monthly fellowship meal we headed to the assisted living center for their monthly service. I love this way that my kids can minister to those who might not know Christ.

What I'm looking forward to: This week we have our 4-H club meeting, then on Thursday we are planning to go to our towns Veteran's Day parade.

A picture to share:



~Over the weekend we ate this. What do you think it is? Guesses? Anyone?

Comments

  1. HI Charlotte,

    Quail or Pheasant? Or some kind of chicken? Looks good whatever it is. We made your Beef, Noodles and Cheese recipe from Cooking Light and really enjoyed it. I will for sure be making it again. It was very tasty.
    Hope your week goes well. Sounds like you've got a lot of fun things planned. I like waking up with the sun also.

    Hug,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a coated chicken of some kind. YUM. :D (Kind of like lemon chicken.)

    I love the time change too.

    :+) Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cornish Game Hen?
    I love the time change, too. Candles for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No.....not chicken or game hen. Keep guessing....

    Nancy, I am glad you liked that recipe! Most any CL recipe is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, especially the "What I'm Cooking" and "What I'm Planning". So what IS that dish?!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Hannah!

    Alright, I'll give you a hint.... this dish is not your regular-dinner-meat. And it was the first time 5 of us had ever tasted it.

    Anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ding! Ding! Somebody got it! Yes Sharon, it was rabbit. Our friends actually processed 2 rabbits (1 of ours) and then we BBQed them. So now we have seen the whole process....breeding, babies, growing, butchering, eating. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And it did taste a lot like chicken....not gamey at all. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts